Tragic Fatal Plane crash at Bagrum base in Afghanistan caught on camera 04/29/2013. Viewer discretion is advised

by StoneWall 22 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

The date stamp is way off. That is strange for military.

S

• james_woods
    james_woods
    If you want to play war, then its karma that you die playing war.

That was an idiotic comment. Sorry, but it really was idiotic.

The date stamp is way off. That is strange for military.

It was a private video, not military. At least - the one I saw on TV was.

FINALLY - the crash was almost certainly caused by a load shift to the rear of the 747 during acceleration for takeoff. The plane was not overloaded, but: The load (not strapped down well enough) went to the tail, causing an out of C/G condition, (tail heavy) and extreme nose up as you can see in the video. Airspeed was lost, and it crashed.

I have to salute the pilot for recovering from the onset of a spin and getting it more or less level and nose down again, but it still did not have enough airspeed to fly.

A tragedy which could have been avoided by better loading procedures.

• soontobe
    soontobe

They take off very steep from Bagram to gain altitude and avoid enemy fire. Looks like they didn't secure cargo well enough, which threw the center of gravity off when the weight shifted back, causing an unrecoverable stall. One of the first things they taught me at aviation school where I was studying for my FAA license was weight and balance. This looks like an extreme example of what can go wrong when it is off. I read somewhere 7 Americans dead. I hope they didn't suffer.

• soontobe
    soontobe
    I have to salute the pilot for recovering from the onset of a spin and getting it more or less level and nose down again, but it still did not have enough airspeed to fly.

Yeah, it looks like one wing stalled first and the aircraft turned. The pilot was able to correct that, but at such a low airspeed and altitude, he couldn't stay in the air.

I wonder if they were transporting MRAPs. Those 400Fs have nose loading so can be used for vehicles.

• Think About It
    Think About It

If you want to play war, then its karma that you die playing war.

I second this as an idiotic comment. Whatever your politics are about Afghanistan......those killed in this horrific jet crash were probably just doing their job, duty, or whatever they called their service over there and not "playing war".

• soontobe
    soontobe

The deceased were working for a private Florida company contracting air freight services to DoD.

• james_woods
    james_woods

ThinkaboutIt, SoontoBe - thank you for your voices of sanity.

It is almost akin to saying that the Americans killed in the Hindenburg explosion deserved to die because the Hindenburg was a Nazi airship.

• cofty
    cofty
    If you want to play war, then its karma that you die playing war. - mP
    mp so true - lost

Idiots.

• mP
    mP

@cofty & @Think About It

Why because its true ?

How many orphans were created so there would be a war so they could get a contract and do business ?

There is no honour in the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq. Those men and women are cowards and should have resigned instead of fighting immoral wars.

If someone created a war in your town or city and vultures came in for some business to supply the military what would be your point of view ? The world is a big place you dont have to lower your standards and take blood money.

• mP
    mP

@Think

I second this as an idiotic comment. Whatever your politics are about Afghanistan......those killed in this horrific jet crash were probably just doing their job, duty, or whatever they called their service over there and not "playing war".

MP:

They were playing war, they were contributing to the war effort. They know very well the war is a disgrace and yet they take the money. They are actively part of the war machine. Sure they are replaceable but at least they would have some honour and backbone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit