New Magazine says birthdays will kill you

by RayPublisher 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

New July 2013 Awake says this on page 3:

"There is a 14 percent greater probability that a person over 60 years of age will die on his birthday rather than on other days."

Wow, they have now PROVEN that birthdays are pagan and not fit for Christians!

bdays bad

• Heaven
  • Think About It
  • St George of England
    St George of England

The things you learn when you take an Awake! degree!!

George

• Heaven
  • JeffT
    JeffT

So the odds that you're going to die on any given day of the year are about 1 in 365. A fourteen percent increase makes that about 1 in 310. I'm surprised this even shows up statistically. Of course they don't reference the article.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Interestingly enough . . .

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18626157

900 out of 2.5m

I make that 0.036%

So statistically true but I reckon driving your car is much more dangerous than celebrating your birthday

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I'd like to know who gave the ok for this to print, would love to have a conversation with them. Can totally see them saying something like, "further proof that Jehovah disapproves of brithdays" or, "see how Jehovah provides protection from calamity." Wow.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So does the fact mean anything important or is it simply minutia used as a page filler?

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, trying to back up religious belief with science is just, well ... FAIL

Clutching at straws to justify dumb beliefs.

So they don't celebrate birthdays on ever so slight health reasons ... but then refuse medical treatment?

Morons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit