For those who still believe that Christianity is the only truth

by sosoconfused 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Please help me to understand how you address this.

From the creation of Adam to the birth of Noah was about 900 to 1000 years. During this period literally only a handful of people worshipped the true god. Then came the flood - at which point there were only 8 faithful people the world over.

After the flood up until Abraham it was about 300 years I guess and there was only a very few people worshipping the true GOD. All of which are still in the middle east I suppose.

From abraham to Jesus there were about 2000 years. There were maybe 1000000 people worshipping the true god. Then from Jesus till now there were lets say about 2 billion(just throwing numbers around). Ok so this is great and whatever else... but don't you find it funny that through the majority of mankinds existence, between 99% and 66% of humans were just throwaway people according to Christian idealogies.

You had peoples in Sub-saharan african, Asia, large parts of Europe Eskimos, India etc... that pretty much GOD just didn't care about.

I find this very very disturbing. Now some have said well these people get a free pass into the kingdom others say they don't matter.

Both answers seem kind of offensive if there is a god that truly created man and is impartial.

Is it possible that those who believe in Krishna or ancestor worshipers or those that worshipped the spirits of earth etc... had god revealed to them in that way? Doesn't it just seem kind of unfair and somewhat selfish to believe that God really only turned his attention to one group of people?

What are your thoughts

• AMO
    AMO

Hi sosoconfused

Think you've got your sums wrong, from what i understand there are only 7 million or so true followers of Christ alive today and thay have only been around since the 1870s ish. Also am afraid you will find if you look hard enough there where millions of people alive before Adam, though admittedly thay were not worshipping jahova.

AMO

• *lost*
    *lost*

Lol - I too find it very confusing. and because we haven't had years of education about these many differnant things, it's a lot of knowledge. I guess we are playing catch up and trying t figure it all out.

How do we know when Adam was created ?

All these other so-called ''types'' of humans, pr-homosapien etc, how do we not know they were just a rudimentary fore-runner, preceding Adam, homo-sapien.

Science teaches somethings as though they are fact, and they are not, they are theories.

Carbon dating is not 100% reliable.

There is proof under the ice-caps of Tropical vegetation. there are frozen remains of animals with grass still in their mouths, implying an instant destruction.

Marine remains in fossil form high up on desert mountains.

Books missing from the Bible, missing information.

Do we know how long adam was allive for before Eve ? How long before they were put out of the garden ?

Mesopotamia has always been taught as the cradle of civilisation, where it all began. now all of a sudden they are saying man originated from Africa ?

Neanderthals, misconceptions there also.

Stories of the nephilim, fallen angels, satan the devil, where do all the myths and fables, stories come from that are in most every civilisation today ?

Apparently God was in direct contact with man prior to the flood. Was it a localised flood ? or earthwide ? the flood story actually fits in with the ice-age, and movements of people outwards from that point.

Abraham being called, why else would Abraham just up sticks like that and move off ?

It's just a case of doing a lot of digging and research to find the information, educating oneself to all the theories. whether one believes in God/Jesus is personal choice.

The internet is great as now we can get the information at the drop of a hat.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

AMO that is sortof my point without really making anyone angry...

I use the number of 1 or 2 billion because christians make up supposedly 1/3 of the world population now. I didnt want it to just be for jDUBS but all Christianms because many hear still believe the bible is the only true holybook.

In regards to the millions before adam yeah, cant fight with science on that.

My main point though is it seems very very very very very very narrowminded to think that if GOD has created all mankind why do they feel he just never cared about anyone else whoever existed outside of just this one little group.

• AMO
    AMO

Mmmmmm, seems to me you've almost but not quite answered your own question, was there ever really a God.

AMO

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

The thinking hurts sooo much... a friend of mine who is of Korean descent asked me why I would possibly believe that in just 5 or 6 thousand years one guys family could produce 7 billion people so fast? I was like man... anything is possible with GOD. But when you try to do the Math and realize its kind of hard to fathom what that must have been like it really brings you back to reality

• Badfish
    Badfish

The thinking hurts sooo much... a friend of mine who is of Korean descent asked me why I would possibly believe that in just 5 or 6 thousand years one guys family could produce 7 billion people so fast? I was like man... anything is possible with GOD. But when you try to do the Math and realize its kind of hard to fathom what that must have been like it really brings you back to reality

Here's a population calculator: http://www.metamorphosisalpha.com/ias/population.php

(check the Show Subtotals box and it shows you the population for each year also)

If you start with a population of two people and set it at 6000 years with a growth rate of 0.012, it says the population will be:

Population in 6000 = 2,392,899,758,362,400,000,000,000,000,000

lol

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Good question.

But apparently other peoples knew about and worshipped Yahweh. Don't forget about Melchizedek who was in Canaan and the Midianites into whose family Moses married. Also after the 10 plagues, when Akhenaten converted to monotheism, he began worshipping Yahweh as "Aten" and even though that was not orthodox Israelite religion it was still accepted by Yahweh.

Plus I've always found it curious that Baalam knew who Jehovah was.

Anyway, the focus on the Jews was only to produce the messiah who in turn would save the whole world. God gave every man a conscience and on Judgment Day, they will be judged based on their moral choices and the type of person they were. so knowing the Bible in Christianity and Judaism is just a special case, much like the tribe of Levi set aside for a special purpose.

Plus, God made the standards so high to get into the kingdom that we find many in the Christian world failed and so it was necessary to fill those seats with those from "eastern parts" and "western parts," meaning non Christians. Christians were considered invited to the wedding feast, but they didn't turn up to fill those seats, so others of the nations whom God found to be gem-like are chosen for the kingdom. So it doesn't matter if you're in an isolated part of the Amazon jungle and never saw a Christian in your life, God still knows the heart and could choose you.

By the way, the 144,000 are all from natural Israelite descendants and only make up 1/10th of the entire number of 1,440,000 (Isa. 6:13).

"Salvation is through the Jews" but they were always meant to be the messiah for the entire world of mankind.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Badfish, we've only had a 1.2-2% growth rate since the Industrial age. Before that, the growth rate was very much flat and sometimes even negative (Black Death). People live 2 or 3 times as long as they used to, you can't take these numbers and use them for the middle ages.

• glenster
    glenster

I don't know proof of the basic God concept. If you add names, interventions,
    etc., it's definitely a matter of faith. By God's prerogative an invitation
    list could be big, small, everyone, or nobody.

The problem with deciding by invitation list that requires Him to invite
    everybody is it banks on an all-benificent stipulation as though required by
    same quality being ethics. But that isn't the concept, and by that we'd all
    live in heavenly circumstances forever already and we don't.

Dropping that, you have a choice of faith or not in a God that loves less than
    everything all the time regarding lesser beings, and the invitation list possi-
    bilities are more varied and flexible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit