Hooray for me!

by stillin 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

Cleaning house and chunking out I useless trash today. Guess what went into the trash? That's right, about ten years worth of magazines, all WT that I TRUTHfully admitted to myself I never look at, and if I did it would be on the CDRom program.

The old-school thought process ,was that one should NEVER throw sacred writings away, out of respect for the hard, volunteer labor...blahblahblah.

anyhow, I'm far from uncluttered, but it's a great start!

• stillin
    stillin

For I'm a jolly good fellow,

for I'm a jolly good fellow

etc etc

• clarity
    clarity

One step at a time!

Not as easy as it looks...........

congratulations Stillin

clarity

Btw ....anyone need any ankle length skirts!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Congrats.....that is a very big step in letting the JW past go.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Feels good don't it? I remember after I left I had box fulls of stuff. I still found it hard to throw away so since I was living in a new town I went to the local KH when it was closed and put all the boxes of shit on their steps. Made sure there was nothing in there to identify me. Still kept my leather book back a few more years and then threw it away. It's weird how we can hang on to stuff even after we really don't look at it. Be proud of your self its a big step.

Balsam

• finally awake
    finally awake

I trashed all of our left over litter-ature - my house seems so much tidier and uncluttered

• stillin
    stillin

Wow, you all are way ahead of me...I haven't gotten around to actual books...yet. But I have come to realize that there isn't much substance in most of theme. Maybe a book a week in the trash. That would keep my roll going for a couple of years!

• nugget
    nugget

It is surprising how long it takes to get rid of this stuff. Even though we set to with a will to throw out the lot, literature still turns up under the bed or hiding at the back of cupboards. I really need to move house that way I will know I have purged the lot.

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

I toss everything I find (generally during our "spring cleaning" aka wild hair up my butt to clean everything top to bottom). I go through our rubbermaid bins that store personal belongings in and toss everything. how do they reproduce?? I have tossed things out 3 times in 2 years! Like HUGE amounts of books, magazines, tracts, notes, etc. Good grief! Feels good though, and it makes room for more things to save from our daughters :)

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes-hooray for you!

I bought a paper shredder because I didn't want anyone to "find" the WT magazines in the trash and maybe read them as the case seemed to be in stories from the WT. I burned the first one out and bought a second one. I spent alot of time ripping pages out of the bound volumes. Wow do I have so much more room in the house.

I also took all my meeting dresses and my husband's suits and his fancy leather elder briefcase to a local charity donation place. I imagine that probably JW men and women came in and bought them..... I have so much more room in my closet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit