Public Image (AAWA Thread, but not a bashing thread)

by okage 27 Replies latest members private

• jgnat
    jgnat

I volunteer in the support group. I have not corresponded with Cedars once throughout the whole affair. I did warn the mod that the issue would not go away.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, how many mods here are "volunteers" at AAWA?

I am not going to make rules that individuals cannot support a group if they want to support it but obviously, depending on how the AAWA behave make make it untenable to act as a mod at the same time as the conflict of interest could be too great even if it's just perceived as such by members.

I've seen comments that the AAWA are putting out that JWN is responsible for all of their troubles and that the AAWA was infiltrated by JW and JWN people (nice, I guess we're the enemy now?). This is not only dead wrong and insulting to me and the people who use this site, it's also very childish and makes them look silly and hardly a credible reputable organization.

The simple fact is: if the AAWA is free to do as they please and post what they want which is what it seems they want then they should not expect to be able to deny that right to others, whatever tactics they try to use to prevent it.

Sad, so much of this could have been avoided and I think would have been avoided if Captain Cedars was not at the wheel. That doesn't mean I dislike him or am out to get him as he seems to imagine, it's just that he's not at all suited for the position he's in.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am a fader, and watched the rollout of the initial name.

The name was all wrong from the start; they might as well say Association of Raving Mad Apostates.

And then adding people to the site without their permission or knowledge.

IMO, they are over before they start, depending on what they want to accomplish.

They will not reach middle of the road witnesses, or even faders.

Wait 6 months, start with new blood.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

With the acronym of ARMA they would have had 10000s of hits too as it's a very popular game... me thinks they missed an(other) opportunity there.

ARMA is actually a better name all round, pithy and right to the point.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Association of Raving Mad Apostates.

Actually, that's kind of catchy.

W

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

I scratched my head at the comment about consulting with "several" PR firms. Who is going to want to donate if they think this group needs to spend the donations to hire multiple PR firms just to come up with a new name and delete the FB page? Especially when they got that advice here for free within days of launch. Shouldn't a PR firm tell its clients not to broadcast about hiring PR firms?

That said, I can't believe that they have already taken in enough in online donations to be hiring outside consultants already. They must have a private donor or donors who kicked in startup funding.

• zound
    zound

It's very likely they didn't consult with several PR agencies, but just said that to make them sound credible. Perhaps not outright lying but stretching the truth - like someones brother in law or something works at a PR agency and someone had a brief chat on the phone with him.

Or they could have. Either way - that didn't need to be mentioned.

The whole apology in my opinion stinks. The whole of AAWA stinks. Somehow they managed to dig a hole they can't get out of - and they only have themselves to blame.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

You might want an apology, so go see it on my new website. I just PM you over here for your personal information, not to apologize.

The Prez

DON'T QUESTION MY AUTHORITA!

• *lost*
    *lost*

LOL .....

PR Company ? I doubt that very much. Not after actually reading the info. Very WT speak.

'' come into my parlour said the spider to the fly ....... let's have a bite to eat ''

I personally think it's a conflict of interest for mods here to volunteer there. ( sorry ) It's a trust thing.

All of this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise in light of what has happened. Just imagine if you were on board supporting it as a partner by proxy.

Your reputation would be destroyed.

Subterfuge

Deceit in order to acheive one's goals.

A statement or action resorted to in order to deceive.

evasion - ruse - trick - dodge - artifce

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Just another thought:

How can they deal with something like Twitter, if they can't get Facebook right?

Think of Anthony Weiner . . .

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit