DC invite

by turtleturtle 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Has anyone seen the district convention invitation. Guess who's on the front page? Yep, a GB member. These guys love to plaster their faces everywhere. Narcissists....

• Londo111
    Londo111

Does anyone have a scan?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Lets see if they jack up the wording like they did a few years back....wonder if there will be any "qualifying for the new world" type-statements.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/210482/1/2011-2012-Let-Gods-Kingdom-Come-DC-starts-this-WEEKEND

Requesting a scan as well....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Never mind, saw this a few weeks ago, Londo111 its on jw.org here: http://www.jw.org/en/publications/

Nothing too offensive, just the idiotic line "This is your invitation" Duh...

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I love the logic behind the invitations. JWs are told roughly 6 months in advance at the Service Meeting when and where their District Convention will be held which often enough can be upwards of 2-3 hour drives. So they've got roughly six months to make reservations(although that's usually done the nite of the announcement), get money saved, schedule time off from work(especially for Friday!), etc.. Yet, two weeks prior to the convention, a non-JW individual or family, will recieve an invitaion by an unannounced stranger at his doorstep, to attend a three day event being held at a location 200 miles away? Ya gotta love it.

The plans of the diligent one..............

• sir82
    sir82
    Yet, two weeks prior to the convention, a non-JW individual or family, will recieve an invitaion by an unannounced stranger at his doorstep, to attend a three day event being held at a location 200 miles away?

Dude, read your April Kingdom Ministry! It really happened......once.

Yes, out of the literally 10's of millions of invitations folded up and stuck into the doors of not-at-homes, 1 lady really did drive 2 hours to attend a DC.

That's a success ratio of.... 0.00001% !

Put that in yer pipe & smoke it, ya pessimist!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks!

Truth...where can you find it?

NOT AT THE DISTRICT CONVENTION!

How can it benefit you and your family?

BY STAYING THE HELL AWAY! (forgive my french!)

• zound
    zound

Guy Pierce on the back cover. Yay!

"Truth, where can you find it?" Not there friends.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh gosh, I thought RE's were attention whores

• whathappened
    whathappened

Just saw it, now I am a bit sick to my stomach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit