preaching work?

by Crazyguy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I wondered about the same thing, and after finding these verses, came to the inescapable conclusion that everyone who claims to be a Christian should be preaching about Christ's ransom and the kingdom.

(Isaiah 61:1) The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners;

(Matthew 9:35) And Jesus set out on a tour of all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom.

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

(Matthew 28:19) Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations.

(Mark 16:15) And he said to them: "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

(Luke 9:2) And so he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God

(1 Corinthians 9:16) If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news!

(Colossians 1:25-28)...I became a minister of this [congregation] in accordance with the stewardship from God which was given me in YOUR interest to preach the word of God fully, the sacred secret that was hidden from the past systems of things and from the past generations. But now it has been made manifest to his holy ones, to whom God has been pleased to make known what are the glorious riches of this sacred secret among the nations. It is Christ in union with YOU, the hope of [his] glory. He is the one we are publicizing, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in union with Christ.

(Titus 1:2-3) upon the basis of a hope of the everlasting life which God, who cannot lie, promised before times long lasting, whereas in his own due times he made his word manifest in the preaching.

(Philippians 1:15) True, some are preaching the Christ through envy and rivalry, but others also through goodwill.

(2 Timothy 4:1-2) I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his kingdom, preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching.

(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house.

(Acts 28:30-31) So he remained for an entire two years in his own hired house, and he would kindly receive all those who came in to him, preaching the kingdom of God to them and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with the greatest freeness of speech, without hindrance.

(Romans 10:8-15) But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your own mouth and in your own heart"; that is, the "word" of faith, which we are preaching. For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation. For the Scripture says: "None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved." However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: "How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!"

(1 Timothy 4:16) Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.

(1 Thessalonians 2:4) but, just as we have been proved by God as fit to be entrusted with the good news, so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God, who makes proof of our hearts.

(1 Corinthians 9:22) to the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, that I might by all means save some.

(1 Peter 3:15) But sanctify the Christ as Lord in YOUR hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of YOU a reason for the hope in YOU, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.

(Acts 1:8) but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

(Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, "into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances."

(2 Corinthians 4:3-4) If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

(Romans 11:13) Now I speak to YOU who are people of the nations. Forasmuch as I am, in reality, an apostle to the nations, I glorify my ministry,

(Revelation 14:6) And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,

(Romans 1:15-16) so there is eagerness on my part to declare the good news also to YOU there in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek;

(1 Corinthians 9:16) If, now, I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news!

(Acts 20:24) Nevertheless, I do not make my soul of any account as dear to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received of the Lord Jesus, to bear thorough witness to the good news of the undeserved kindness of God.

(1 Corinthians 9:22) to the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, that I might by all means save some.

(1 Peter 3:15) But sanctify the Christ as Lord in YOUR hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of YOU a reason for the hope in YOU, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.

(Acts 1:8) but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Ju·de´a and Sa·mar´i·a and to the most distant part of the earth."

(Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, "into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances."

(2 Corinthians 4:3-4) If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

(Romans 11:13) Now I speak to YOU who are people of the nations. Forasmuch as I am, in reality, an apostle to the nations, I glorify my ministry,

(Revelation 14:6) And I saw another angel flying in mid heaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,

(Romans 1:15-16) so there is eagerness on my part to declare the good news also to YOU there in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek;

(Acts 20:24) Nevertheless, I do not make my soul of any account as dear to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received of the Lord Jesus, to bear thorough witness to the good news of the undeserved kindness of God.

(Isaiah 61:1) The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners;

(Matthew 9:35) And Jesus set out on a tour of all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom.

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

(Matthew 28:19) Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations.

(Mark 16:15) And he said to them: "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

(Luke 9:2) And so he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God

(Colossians 1:25-28)...I became a minister of this [congregation] in accordance with the stewardship from God which was given me in YOUR interest to preach the word of God fully, the sacred secret that was hidden from the past systems of things and from the past generations. But now it has been made manifest to his holy ones, to whom God has been pleased to make known what are the glorious riches of this sacred secret among the nations. It is Christ in union with YOU, the hope of [his] glory. He is the one we are publicizing, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in union with Christ.

(Titus 1:2-3) upon the basis of a hope of the everlasting life which God, who cannot lie, promised before times long lasting, whereas in his own due times he made his word manifest in the preaching.

(Philippians 1:15) True, some are preaching the Christ through envy and rivalry, but others also through goodwill.

(2 Timothy 4:1-2) I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his kingdom, preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching.

(Acts 20:20) while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house.

(Acts 28:30-31) So he remained for an entire two years in his own hired house, and he would kindly receive all those who came in to him, preaching the kingdom of God to them and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with the greatest freeness of speech, without hindrance.

(Romans 10:8-15) But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your own mouth and in your own heart"; that is, the "word" of faith, which we are preaching. For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation. For the Scripture says: "None that rests his faith on him will be disappointed." For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich to all those calling upon him. For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved." However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: "How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!"

(1 Timothy 4:16) Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.

(1 Thessalonians 2:4) but, just as we have been proved by God as fit to be entrusted with the good news, so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God, who makes proof of our hearts.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

In Isaiah 11:10 'it must occur in that day' (NWT)

This day was since the Gentile Times ended in 1914. This was when the Jesus Christ stood up in Kingdom authority to deal with the nations of the earth. Matthew 25:31-33.

Isaiah 11:10-12 is very similar to Matthew 24:30,31.

For the people of the nations to gather to the 'root of Jesse' who was raised up as a signal pole/sign on Mount Zion invisible to human eyes they needed someone to tell them, point it out, preach it. This was the Good News that we were preaching at least that is how I understood it.

In Isaiah 52:13 it talks of the servant who is elevated and exalted very much and in Isaiah 53:1 'Who has put faith in the thing heard by us?...'

The Apostle Paul quotes this in Romans 10:16. Where Paul is asking "How will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How in turn will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn will they hear without someone to preach? (NWT)

'The glorification of Jesus in heaven after his extraordinary sufferings as a man on earth was good news' (page 47)

'A similar thing can be said today. "They did not all obey the good news." This, even after the Christian witnesses of Jehovah have spent more than sixth years in proclaiming that the "times of the Gentiles" have ended in the autumn of 1914 C.E. amid the first world war and that then Jehovah's "Servant"recieved a new elevation by being exalted to the throne fo the Messianic kingdom (Hebrew 10:12, 13; Psalm 110:1,2: Luke 21:24) Revelation 12:5-10) The overwhelming evidence that has accumulated since 1914 C.E. in proof of this glorious fact has been pointed out by these witnesses of Jehovah. The good news abut the Messianic kingdom of Jehovah's "Servant" is better news today than it was nineteen hundred years ago, in apostolic times.' (page 48)

Pages 47/48( Mans Salvation out of World Distress at Hand 1975 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania)

That's how I understood it when i pioneered (maybe i had it wrong), however now I don't think you can get better good news than the good news in the first century.

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

The preaching work was for the 1st century believers. Jesus told them, truly i tell you, you wil not finish going through all the tribes o Israel before the son of man comes on the clouds in his Kingdom. All prophecy was about the destruction of Jerusalem and the end of the Jewish system. It was nothing to do with the world. All things have been fulfilled andChristianity including JW's have got it wrong and have doen for 2000 years. They all look for a physical Kingdom. Gods Kingdom is spiritual, cannot be seen, it is no part of this world.SO God has finished delaing withman in the flesh in the 1st century and now theNew Testament is in force since tha time. We now live in the spirit and a Kingdom thatis spiritual

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

in my last post on this thread i said (i dont seem to be able to copy and paste for some reason, so it's typing it out.)

'in isaiah 11:10 ... This day was since the Gentile Times ended in 1914. This was when the Jesus Christ stood up in kingdom authority to deal with the nations of the earth. Matthew 25:31-33'

This was what the book Mans Salvation Out of World Distress At Hand that I quoted from in the last post stated page 198

'"in that day." We have been in that day since the birth of God's Kingdom in that heavens in 1914 C.E.'

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

But wait!

The WTB&TS makes it clear that the scriptures are a love note from Jehovah to THE ANOINTED. They can't have it both ways.

The"preaching work" is REQUIRED of the anointed, not of the hoi-polloi. They can tell you it is a "blessing" for mere mortals to "share" in the work, but NONE of us are required to do so.

So take the weekend OFF! Tell 'em that MAYBE they'll see you next week... or not!

IT...IS...NOT...>>YOUR<<...PROBLEM!!!

I was in my mid-20s when this really sunk in, and I can recall the scene like a photograph today, some 40 years later. It was near the beginning of my fade, and the crack in my JW eggshell let a whole lot of light come in. In that moment I changed. I was off the hook and FREE.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The JW's do not do any type of life saving preaching work? Most JW's just go through the door-to-door motion, and at the most occasionally get to read a scripture to someone after the latest Service Meeting opening sales pitch. Most people take the magazines out of pity, or just being nice, then promptly throw the nonsense in the garbage where it belongs. Besides is the coverage of their message around the earth actually valid, since they have changed their beliefs so much? This cult looks nothing like the JW religion I left in 1995.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Here in the south, many still heat their home by a wood stove

I have accompanied a Bible study where the home was cold by my standards

From what I could see from where we were parked, the wood pile was low

So I guess the house holder was trynna save what they had

As publishers we were there to build that house holders faith

but our " works " did not provide the heat that was needed to give warmth

Jehovah's witnesses are trained to notice things around them for conversation puposes

The sister who conducted the Bible study didn't say a thing about the heat . We kept our coats on

The only fruitage from our works that day was the magazines placed

that probably were tossed in the stove for heat

• blondie
    blondie

*** w88 1/1 pp. 28-29 Keep On Preaching the Kingdom ***

Avoiding Bloodguilt

13 The responsibility of Jehovah’s dedicated Witnesses to warn people of God’s coming judgment can be compared to that of Ezekiel in his time. He was designated a watchman to the house of Israel. His assignment was to warn the Israelites that execution was coming upon them if they did not turn away from their bad ways. If he as a watchman failed to sound the warning, execution would still come upon the wicked people, but their blood would be upon the head of the negligent watchman. In this Jehovah shows his attitude toward executing judgment: “I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living. Turn back, turn back from your bad ways, for why is it that you should die, O house of Israel?”—Ezekiel 33:1-11.

14 The apostle Paul acknowledged his responsibility as a watchman, stating to the elders from Ephesus: “Hence I call you to witness this very day that I am clean from the blood of all men.” Why could he say that? He continues: “For I have not held back from telling you all the counsel of God.” (Acts 20:26, 27) So it is with the watchman class today, the remnant of anointed followers of Jesus Christ. All of these, together with more than three million of their companions who have the hope of surviving the end of this system of things and receiving everlasting life on earth, must never slack off from preaching the good news of God’s Kingdom and warning of the coming execution of his judgment. In this way they avoid bloodguilt.

*** w99 4/15 p. 13 par. 19 The Only Way to Everlasting Life ***

Would you expect to receive God’s grand gift of everlasting life in Paradise without any effort on your part? Is it not reasonable that God would require something? Surely it is. God does not, in effect, just throw the gift at us. He extends it to us, but we must reach out and take it. Yes, effort is involved. You may ask the very question that the rich young ruler asked Jesus: “What good must I do in order to get everlasting life?” Or you may frame the question the way a Philippian jailer did to the apostle Paul: “What must I do to get saved?”—Matthew 19:16; Acts 16:30.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

wow a gift from god not really a gift but, god does not just throw a gift at us but he expects something in return. Wow according to thier understanding i guess they do not really know what a gift is. Maybe thats why they do not have any araingment set up, to feed the poor, help the widows and orphans for they do not really know what a gift is.

And i like what was also posted by Nathan; If the new testament was written for only the anointed, Jesus was only thier mediator and the new covenant is only for them. Then i guess they can get off thier butts and go out and do the preaching work just themselves for what is my benefit, since i have no mediator then i'm a pathetic sinner that has no hope for eternal life or a resurection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit