new AWAA site up and new name

by Aussie Oz 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Not sure if anyone has linked this yet

go to the old site (lego men and green monsters have done the work it seems) as it redirects you to AAWA.co

http://aawa.co/blog/a-new-name-and-an-apology/

• brinjen
    brinjen

Well... name change, apology etc... All steps in the right direction. Good on them!

• steve2
    steve2

The new site - complete with a new name - Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses - and extended overview of its mistakes over Facebook, looks promising.

There is still an undercurrent of 'hurt' over the criticism meted out by other ex-JWs, particularly those of JWnet, but that is perhaps understandable given that quite a few posters on JWnet, including me, poured scorn on their slowness to recitfy the Facebook fiasco.

The leggo men have left the building...for now. But good on them for apologizing and developing empathy for inadvertently making ex-JWs vulnerable to exposure to the JW community.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Phase 2 activated! Let's hope things go better this time. I much prefer the new name.

Looks like the peanut gallery has a voice after all.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, being an advocate of awareness of Watchtower abuses sounds significantly healthier - and less off-putting - than being an anti-Watchtower activist.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I like the new name! That is caring and loving. Advocates much softer than activists. Good job!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I always wondered why they settled on the acronym they did.

very often, groups will come up with the acronym first then look for words to 'fit', and google images supplied what i think the reason ing may have been (of course seeing that i am in contact with none of them it is only my veiw)

there i found a picture of a magazine called AAWAKE! by them

and there i believe it is...wanting to use this clever play on words on a 'magazine' came before the actual name...and who would blame them, it is a clever use of the WTs own magazine name.

oz

• free2beme
    free2beme

Now complain, and say what you dislike and like and act like you wish you had thought of it yourself and feel jealous in the glory you think these people are getting. LOL.

• recovering
    recovering

They allude that Barbara Anderson while no longer a board member is still willing to help them. I would love to know who their current board members are.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    there i found a picture of a magazine called AAWAKE! by them, and there i believe it is...wanting to use this clever play on words on a 'magazine' came before the actual name...and who would blame them, it is a clever use of the WTs own magazine name.

Don't forget the AAWATCHTOWER magazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit