new evil slave teaching, and its significance

by Fistandantilus 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fistandantilus
    Fistandantilus

for a while, i thought why would they change this teaching?

how would it help there agenda?

then i read the thread, new ray franz?

i remembered talk about one of the governing body members being opposed to the blood issue some years back.

i believe this teaching is directly made to stop that from happening again, now those brothers who rutherford ousted are the wvil slave (even though more directly it would apply to him,but the winner tells the tale), and it would also, for tem directly apply to ray franz, and now it would also serve to keep any body members in check, just in case they want to go public with something, or not go along with the party.

perhaps there is some dissention within the body?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

perhaps there is some dissention within the [governing] body?

I had to wonder the very same thing. It's the only explanation I could see for this "adjustment" in thinking, and they only make these kind of changes in a reactionary way -- something has gone wrong. (Such as the literature on a donation arrangement. Though they never said a word about the tax law ruling in California with the Swaggart Ministry, THAT was the reason for the change.)

You must consider that many of the current GB are younger men, perhaps more open to independent thinking (they really had to take a lot of crap when they started partaking and were not 1935er's). For any JW to begin partaking in the past 30 years or so, they really had to think independently, have a high opinion of themselves, and be willing to buck the system. One of more of them (perhaps even a little independent BS group --sound familiar?) may still have those "rebellious" qualities.

Doc

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What I found interesting about the new teaching is that the possibility of an "evil slave" is said to be a "hypothetical condition." In other words, IF the F&DS ever started to behave as the evil slave is described as behaving, then this is what the Master would do when he arrives. But JWs acknowledge absolutely no possibility that the F&DS could ever mislead them or become apostate. How can that be so? Did Jesus give a warning of something that could never actually happen?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I keep thinking..

..... if the members of the GB don't agree, how will they know which of them is the Evil Slave and which is the FDS??

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Holy Spirit always sides with the majority. If the Bro's with the strongest personality can convince others to side with them, then that's what happens. If they think it is best to put an idea on the shelf for another decade while people die for refusing blood fractions or components, or organ transplants..well, that's what the Holy Spirit said to do..

Could this be the real meaning of sinning against the Holy Spirit?! It's one thing to deny Christ like Peter did, in a moment of weakness. It is another matter entirely to ignore your conscience and tow the company line come what may.

• Obadiah
    Obadiah

And so it becomes evident who really is "that slave"...the evil one...who beats his fellow slaves.

WT ignores Jesus warnings "IF ever"... When Jesus returns he will severly beat that evil slave.

See this Link: (Luke 12: 42-46)...fulfilled

Agape, Obadiah

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The article said :

"Was Jesus foretelling that there would be an evil slave class in the last days? No. Granted, some individuals have manifested a spirit similar to that of the evil slave described by Jesus. We would call them apostates, whether they were of the anointed or of the “great crowd.” (Rev. 7:9) But such ones do not make up an evil slave class. Jesus did not say that he would appoint an evil slave. His words here are actually a warning directed to the faithful and discreet slave.

Notice that Jesus introduces the warning with the words “if ever.” One scholar says that in the Greek text, this passage “for all practical purposes is a hypothetical condition.” In effect, Jesus was saying: ‘If the faithful and discreet slave were ever to mistreat his fellow slaves in these ways, this is what the master will do when he arrives.’ (See also Luke 12:45.) However, the composite faithful and discreet slave has continued to keep on the watch and to provide nourishing spiritual food."

I read that as saying that the Evil Slave does not exist , it never was and will not be ....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Has anyone found out who that " one scholar " is??

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

One thing I noticed that they first change the wording from beating fellow slaves to mistreating fellow slaves and then equate mistreating fellow slaves with not keep on the watch and to provide nourishing spiritual food. Very dishonest way to make a a leap in logic by slowly changing the meaning of beating in 2 steps instead of one.

:::Notice that Jesus introduces the warning with the words “if ever.” One scholar says that in the Greek text, this passage “for all practical purposes is a hypothetical condition.” In effect, Jesus was saying: ‘If the faithful and discreet slave were ever to mistreat his fellow slaves in these ways, this is what the master will do when he arrives.’ However, the composite faithful and discreet slave has continued to keep on the watch and to provide nourishing spiritual food.":::

And then proceed to pat themselve on the back with a distorted meaning of beatings(DFings more appropriate application) with not providing warning about the end and indoctrinating spiritual food.

• prologos
    prologos

they have linked the possible "evil slave " to the now narrowly defined FDS, wich is themselfs acting badly and in concert.

of course all this has to be questioned, since the evil slave is doing the beating, holding the stick and that has to be the local enforcers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit