by Watchtower-Free 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

This an amazing summary.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Good recap, but a couple of issues.

I'm glad the OD book, page 18 was included. And statement associated with the quote is good.

"It is circular reasoning for the Slave to effectively say, "We tell you that Jesus trusts us, so you can trust us."

There's another line of reasoning here that fits better under "Consequences"

Under "Consequences", two things:

It doesn't state that the 2012 change makes it so that the slave is appointed over all Jesus belongings is still future. This is a new change. The appointment over the domestics occurred in 1919, but over all belongings is future. This part of should be reworked. Include a review of w09 2/15 p. 24-28, specifically p. 26 par. 9, which describes what the "belongings" include. This is crucial because what this does is make it so that the 2012 version of the slave has been taking authority all these years when such authority has not belonged to them, according to their own new doctrine.

The second thing is that because the appointment over all Jesus' belongings is yet future, the primary reason we should trust the slave, as mentioned in the OD book, p. 18, is now null and void.

And, I'll add another consequence... since they are not yet appointed, how can anyone say this is God's chosen organization? The choice has not been made, yet.

Just my two cents.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Great stuff. I'm going to read it further tonight

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It is inescapable! Soon the general JW population will get fed up with all this nonsense of 'New Light'!

Good thread.

• Terry
    Terry

Having written many such articles myself I lament the fact it is virtually impossible to be PITHY about this topic!

Aye, there's the rub!

I doubt seriously one JW in ten thousand could read that and understand 10%.

JW's these days aren't in very deep. Most just shrug and do as they are told.

A few old timers will hone in and grunt and mutter something under their breath. Those folks are "Waitin' on Jehovah".

The Doctrine is nothing more and nothing less than an excuse for an ELITE GROUP to boss everybody around.

The Mormons have their 12 Apostles. Even that appears to make more sense!

Adventists had Ellen White (she got a bump on her head and god gave her "visions").

The Catholic Church has infallibility doctrine for the Pope on matters of Faith and Morals.

Martin Luther invented "sola scriptura" (the bible alone with god's holy spirit) as all a christian needed.

Gimmicks Gimmicks Gimmicks!

If we are so dumb as to allow ourselves to be hoodwinked by CLAIMS of special knowledge we deserve the screwing we get from their opinions.

Back on topic: The article is certainly comprehensive.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Leaving_quietly, good point. I have added a paragraph after the OD quote to show that the appointment over all the belongings has not occurred, which has removed this "foremost" reason to trust the GB.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Good Grief! Mental gymastics

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit