JW's IGNORE THIS SCRIPTURE

by picosito 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You Know:

With respect, I disagree. There is the Biblical Good News, and then you have the WT “Good News.”

Christian writers emphasized and pointed to Christ’s ransom sacrifice, his victory over death and sin on behalf of all mankind, and the authority God has given his resurrected Son to liberate all from death and sin those who put faith in him. This is the "essence" of the Biblical Good News.

The Good News does not draw attention to some date, whether 1914 or any other date, nor does it offer alluring physical and material benefits “just around the corner.”

That is why the Apostles spoke of already having the greatest possible blessings now. REV 1:1, (will shortly take place) John 4:7-14; 6:35; 7:37,38. "New Jerusalem" is already spoken as predominantly already in existence at the time of these writings!!

“ Remarkably, little time is spent in consideration of the grand Christion teachings presented, and this is not surprising since they are viewed as applicable to less than one percent of the JW’s total membership.”

"That original Good news, heard in the first century, remains the “everlasting good news” that needs no updating, and is the basis for the “faith that was once for all times delivered to the holy ones.” Rev 14:6 Jude 3."

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

ThiChi,

You have a good point there. But if you can better than us, then get off your butt and preach.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I just did, my dear brother!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Where? Where?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Here! Here!

• termite 35
    termite 35

And 348 actually LISTENED!

• AlanF
    AlanF

JW defenders like You Know absolutely cannot admit that such a simple admonition to avoid false prognosticators applies to them. If they did, they'd have to admit that what has been the very basis of their religion for 120 years -- false predictions -- proves that their religion is false.

You Know illustrates this well. He says:

: If one aspect of the sign of Christ's presence is that there would be those claiming that the due time had arrived, and that they were Christ, then that in itself is evidence of the nearness of the end of the system.

You Know's argument is fallacious on a number of points.

First, the Gospels nowhere say that "those claiming that the due time had arrived" or "that they were Christ" would occur only during "Christ's presence". Indeed, the Society itself claims that such people existed in the 1st century. It is evident that during the entire time from Jesus' death until now, many such false prophets have existed. They are hardly unique to any particular time. Because You Know is well aware of this, his argument is a deliberate attempt to deceive.

Second, it is easily demonstrable from the Bible itself that the translation "presence" for the Greek word parousia in Matthew 24:3 and a few related passages is wrong. It really means "coming, advent, arrival", and so there is no scriptural basis for the JW notion that there would ever be an extended "presence" during which Jesus would be ruling the earth invisibly and in a special way. That the 1914 doctrine is also demonstrably false lends enormous weight to this.

Third, as Amazing pointed out, Luke 21:8 does not necessarily apply only to those who claim to be Jesus Christ himself. While there have been plenty of people so claiming, a careful reading of the scripture shows that it cannot mean that. The scripture speaks of those "coming in my name" and claiming "I am he". Anyone who comes in Jesus' name is obviously not claiming to be Jesus, but is claiming in some way to represent Jesus. The claim "I am he" then applies to someone claiming to come in Jesus' name and to be someone special, someone who should be listened to because Jesus' has given them special authority.

In view of the above, it is evident that Luke 21:8 means this: Avoid anyone who claims to have special spiritual authority from God and/or Jesus and who makes false predictions about "the end". Who better than the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses fit this description?

AlanF

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I gotta laugh. Wherever YOUBLOW and FREDCRAWL post, there's laughs in abundance. These guys...

Like a blinfolded skunk with a stick up it's butt, they run around trying to smell sweet, and they cannot see the looks on folks faces as they scurry by.

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    One possible scenario: At this point it is not at all out of the question that there will be a war in the Middle East using weapons of mass destruction. (WMD) In fact, it seems inevitable that at some point the nukes are going to start popping.

What kind of Power Beam Weapons Technology is the jehovah Witness Air Force Power of the Air using in all these scenes to : p o p :
    the eyeballs out of all the Worldlies/Infidels?

* http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/WT_Evil.html

In that type of situation people become hysterical and highly suggestable and can easily be manipulated.

You Know you know you might be right.
    At a time like that, the Watchtower Kultleaders would pull out their
    [WMD] Weapons of Mass Distraction
    and even more effectively manipulate the Kult Masses into believing
    they were the Kult-Vikars-Of-Khrist...

Under such a scenario any number of characters could step on the scene claiming to be Christ and that 'the time has approached,' and 'I am he.'

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
    The Watchtowerkult Hierarkhy would solidly kement their FalseKhrist Klaims like never before!

Remember, that when Jesus was on the earth the demons frequently spoke to Jesus through humans that they possessed. Many of those demons hailed Jesus as the Son of God. Were they lying? No. But were they doing God's work by announcing the Messiah? Not hardly. They were simply being mischievous and trying to create confusion. The demons haven't changed.

Yup.
    And they STILL work in The Watchtower "Art" Department as Muses
    for the Fanatix armed with Pen & Ink.

"Jests Put Thru Daily!"

LOve, Tallyman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit