Need help finding a citation re: You wouldn't go to a Toyota dealer

by okage 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• okage
    okage

Okay, online, many JWs use the line that if you have a question about a Ford, you wouldn't go to a Toyota dealer. They use this to say "only Jehovah's Witnesses can answer questions about JWs."

I can swear that there is some version of this statement in a Watchtower publication. Can you please help me find it?

• sir82
    sir82

There's a line about not needing to know all the various varieties of counterfeit money, in order to spot fakes. You just have to know what real money looks like.

Is that what you are thinking of?

I think it's in the "Jehovah's Love" book but I don't recall.

The JW line above is patently stupid.

If I'm considering buying a car, I wouldn't go exclusively to Toyota dealerships. I'd get a variety of information on a variety of cars from a variety of sources.

If I'm considering joining a religion, why would I get information from just one source?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

If I was buying a car, I would consult Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds for unbiased information, and collective data about the reliability of a particular Make, Model, and Year of a car I was interested in. WTS does not encourage any of that at all, in the same way that a shady car dealer would discourage a sucker from looking up unbiased information.

• JeffT
    JeffT

If I wanted unbiased information about Ford products I wouldn't ask a Ford dealer either.

• stillin
    stillin

Don't worry, the F&D slave has kindly provided all of the information that you will need in order to compare other belief systems with "the truth." They will tell you what it is that others believe and what is wrong with it. Simple!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

stillin:

the problem with your statement is while the F&D slave is finding faults with other religions, they are still manufacturing lies of their own. So infact they are still keeping you blind.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( Iwill surrender my mind no more, forever. )

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Absolutely horrible example.

If you visit Toyota's Website you will find nothing about the massive recall for sticking accellerators

• BlueDolphin
    BlueDolphin

These are the quotes I remember

*** T-18 p. 2 Jehovah’s Witnesses—What Do They Believe? *** 1992
    Jehovah’s Witnesses—What Do They Believe?

Jehovah’s Witnesses today form an international organization that is completely separate from all other religious organizations. Since we are often misrepresented, it would be a mistake to expect to learn the truth about us from prejudiced sources. So we are pleased to explain to you some of our principal beliefs.

*** T-14 p. 2 What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe? *** 1987
    What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe?

“We think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against.” (Acts 28:22) These community leaders in first-century Rome set a fine example. They wanted to hear from the source, rather than from outside critics alone.

Similarly, Jehovah’s Witnesses today are often spoken against, and it would be a mistake to expect to learn the truth about them from prejudiced sources. So we are pleased to explain to you some of our principal beliefs.

*** T-73 pp. 1-2 Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? *** 2001
    Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses?

What do you know about Jehovah’s Witnesses? Some people have called them Christian propagandists, a new Christian cult, a Christian sect influenced by Judaism, or fanatics who reject medical treatment. Actually, the Witnesses are none of these things. Why do some people think such things about them? Mostly because those people have been given wrong information.

• stillin
    stillin

stillin:

the problem with your statement is while the F&D slave is finding faults with other religions, they are still manufacturing lies of their own. So infact they are still keeping you blind.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( Iwill surrender my mind no more, forever. )

thank you, BRother, I'm sorry that my sarcasm was so poorly constructed as to be missed.

Stillin

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

stillin: sorry, I guess I should have looked to see how long you have been posting. My sincere apologies. It is hard hard to "READ" sarcasm. Please be patient, as you can see I am relatively new here and still need to learn who is who, if that is possible. Maybe some day we can sit around a fire and have a few beers.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I Will surrender my mind no more, forever)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit