Apostates use counterfit words

by irondork 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

Surely the WTS knows exactly what it is up to, evidenced by it's spot-on description of it's own tactics, albeit used to misdirect the reader to another conclusion.

w/11 7/15 Will You Heed Jehovah's Clear Warnings? pp. 15-16 p. 5

How do false teachers operate? Their methods reveal a cunning spirit. Apostates “quietly bring in” corruptive ideas. Like smugglers, they operate in a clandestine manner, subtly introducing apostate views. And just as a clever forger tries to pass phony documents, so apostates use “counterfeit words,” or false arguments, trying to pass their fabricated views as if they were true. They spread “deceptive teachings,” “twisting . . . the Scriptures” to fit their own ideas.

That's a pretty slick sleight of hand.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

they explains the appointment over all the belongings in 1919 which is now during the trib, which the bible says after matther 24:29

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This paragraph is words with no content.

They give no examples. They do not take so called 'apostate(TM)' 'counterfit words(TM)' and critique them.

Tpical watchtower(R) propaganda......all hate speech and no evidence.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I never thought of it like that. Its true.

'counterfit words'

Their redefinition of words is exactly that, the counterfitting of those words.

S

• moshe
    moshe

Apostates are diseased- so the WT story goes-- it's their ant-WT ideas that made them sick, so the story goes. Avoid apostates or be eaten up by brain worms- Are we scared of apostates yet?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Punk - Nicely put.

Sadly, they don't realize they write about themselves.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

gosh they love to throw that term around. I was talking to a JW frien of mine, and when I objected to his view and brought up a WT, he was already throwing out the apostate word. That's when I said, "Apostate? I quoted the WT. Is the WT apostate?"

They are so quick to judge and label that they call their own literature apostate

• tiki
    tiki

i remember years ago, hearing or reading things like this - and always wondering why they never gave an example..........a concrete real example.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

naw they just like to throw around the line, "Apostates seek others out to follow them." Well I don't see anyone lining up behind me, so I guess I'm not an apostate

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

w/11 7/15 Will You Heed Jehovah's Clear Warnings? pp. 15-16 p. 5

How do false teachers operate? Their methods reveal a cunning spirit. Apostates “quietly bring in” corruptive ideas. Like smugglers, they operate in a clandestine manner, subtly introducing apostate views. And just as a clever forger tries to pass phony documents, so apostates use “counterfeit words,” or false arguments, trying to pass their fabricated views as if they were true. They spread “deceptive teachings,” “twisting . . . the Scriptures” to fit their own ideas.

Ok, lets twist this scripture to fit our own ideas:

Luke 21:8

8 He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

Has any organization in the world declared that; "the due time has approached"?

and

Have they done that on the basis of Jesus Christs name?

A lot of Jehovah's Witnesses will say that; "God's Spirit Directed Organization" does not speak on the basis of Jesus Christs name.

In that case I would direct the to their CD Library as follows:

w59 5/1 p. 269 Attain Completeness in the New World Society

7 To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

So.................. where have I twisted this scripture?

Jesus Christ said; "Do Not Go After Them"!

Does that sound like a recommendation, a suggestion or perhaps even a matter of conscience or

is it a commandment?

I think a person should obey Jesus Christ!

By thinking that am I asking someone to follow me?

or

Follow Jesus Christ?

Revelation 14:4

These are the ones that keep following the Lamb no matter where he goes

Is that twisted?

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit