The JW life is good!

by Julia Orwell 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks Data-Dog, I enjoyed the article. Not sure A Watcher appreciated it. He/she probably only now realized that he/she finds himself surrounded by a bunch of apostates, and fled. Rest assured, A Watcher, we are only interested in the truth, nothing more, nothing less. If you look carefully, you will see that JW life is not so good for many unfortunates (see above).

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

A watcher is one disobedient little JW. Jehovah must be very sad. Or the GB who sits in His seat anyway.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"those who are rightly disposed for everlasting life'' it sounds pretty if weightless of substance; it qualifies as an example of what "vapid" describes: " Offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging, i.e. "tuneful but vapid musical comedies".

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

hhmmm... yeah... it is balanced to come around to being honest about some of the good stuff.

Belonging to a group... something bigger. For a couple of years when the DC was on ... I kind of missed it... all the walking around and 'How've you been?'s. It had a dignity (though superficial, I know) that I like. We all dressed up so nice!

Then I realized that I just missed the lunch time... not the way the information made me squirm with being picked on for doing anything, etc...

For some, I can see it working....

If you like having some power, your family was overall sincere, you like being a cheezy goody-goody, you have a total crap sense of humour that really likes puns, you weren't married to somebody molested, etc..

Some people could get more positive than negative out of it... just not me.

It worked... now it doesn't ... the world's not so scary to explore without being in a group. Heck, when I travel in groups I ditch my countrymen as soon as I can... mix it up with locals, etc. I don't need to see and feel the world through the 'safety of the organization'.

Didn't some one in the bible talk about thinking as a boy, etc... well, I'm older now.

But yeah, it wasn't all bad, that'd be just dishonest.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah. I'm missing the huge instant social group. Now I will have to actually pit effort into making new friends and catching up with older ones. It's not something I've had to do because twice or more a week they were all just there.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah, but were they really friends??

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Nope. That's hard to deal with atm. I want to contact some of them, but not sure how to go or how they'll receive me. It's not like I can socialize with them purely because the 'why aren't you at meetings' will come up and becausei stopped going and no longer believe the religion I'd be branded a bad association at best, apostate at worst.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have never been super anxious to tell TTATT, primarily because I understand that the option is a "hell of a lot of work." Anyone who has a successful life on the other side will agree with this comment.

The work to get out is worth the effort, but not everyone is willing to exert the effort. If a jw is not willing to to work, I don't really have any options. And I am not willing to take responsibility for the crisis that will certainly follow. There is an episode of Star Trek NG where the repatriated borg were floundering. They got out, but didn't know what to do next. I don't want to take responsibility for that situation.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I know that episode, is that the one where data's evil brother draws them into his personal cult?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Julia, you are correct, and there is a lesson to be learned.

If you take something away you create a vacuum. If you are not able to fill that vacuum with something productive, then someone will exploit the situation.

Many people are not strong enough to figure this out, which may explain why they are in the cult to begin with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit