by Terry 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

brinjen

I saw the Movie

Darryl Hannah was awesome in it - it's on NETFLIX

• brinjen
    brinjen

Thanks dreamgolfer, will be looking that one up.

• blondie
    blondie

Pickler, I was helped in 2 ways, going to Al-Anon to deal with my alcoholic, abuse mother and to a very good therapist to deal with my father's abuse (you name it, he did it to his children). It is hard to learn how to deal with abusive authority figures, whether parents or religious leaders. But it is not impossible. In my case it took work, support of people like myself, compassion and experiences from those same people, not a one a jw. Eventually I cut off all contact with my parents. They are dead now but essentially they were dead 15 years before that. You eventually learn to turn off their negative words and actions, surround yourself with a few good people.

Blondie

• Mum
    Mum

brinjen: I read Clan of the Cave Bear some years ago, and it also reminded me of the way the witnesses deal with anyone who is somewhat different or has an intellect, talent or skill that makes them feel uncomfortable.

• Terry
    Terry

If you want to get somebody to act on what is best for them you give them an incentive.

If your idea is not in another person's best interest they will fail to be persuaded. How do you motivate them to agree with you anyway? Intimidation!

The Watchtower's style of leadership is carrot and stick. The carrot is reward in the afterlife. The stick is marginalizing you, ruining your reputation and cutting you off from your loved ones.

This, somehow, is the identifying mark of christianity: LOVE!

Do as we say or else!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit