Do You Ever Give Thought To A "Great Tribulation"?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

QC, what do you mean?

• QC
    QC

@minimus

I'll PM you

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Thank heavens no! I have tried to put all of the false teaching from the WTBTS out of my head which has given me peace of mind!!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

The other thing is JW's look at life very negatively and I choose to see the good in the world so my glass is now half full. It sure does make for a much happier life instead of constantly talking about how we need the new system and how bad things are. I can't stand to listen to the lies to WTBTS puts out there. I could scream over that nonscense!!

• Mum
    Mum

There have been many great tribulations throughout history - the '30's and '40's in Germany, the '60's and '70's in Vietnam, etc.

Many of us have been through personal great tribulations as well - such as escaping the clutches of the Watchtower B&TS.

I'm sure there are more to come. Many human beings are still bat-crap crazy.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The way I understand Revelation 7 is that those that come out of the great tribulation are the ones that have washed their robes white in the blood of the Lamb. If you have washed your robes and made them white what is there to be frightened of. So why give it any thought.

I don't think Noah had windows on the Ark. So he wouldn't have seen much. At the destruction of Jerusalem the Christians had left.

On the other hand if you haven't washed your robes white in the blood of the Lamb looking back over the past 2000 years are you more likely to die in a great tribulation or by getting hit by a meteor. Those who have claimed that it is so close have always been proven wrong by time.

I think that it's also relative to how your life is. If some Great Tributlation were to occur life may not be a lot different for some in the world who already struggle to survive.

Just thought I would expand on my previous comment.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

At the beginning of Revelation 7 it mentions the 4 corners of the earth, four winds of the earth i think there is a lot of symbolism. I haven't washed any literal robes in any blood.

• Heaven
    Heaven

No. Once you come to realize that the Bible is not literally true, and that it and religion are based on mythology and symbolism, your Biblically based nightmares cease to exist.

Get educated. Build skills that are worth something more than trying to convince someone to join an organization based on fear and guilt. Help someone in need. Love and forgive yourself and others. Create something. And have some fun.

• prologos
    prologos

Londo 111 : you are right, it happened in 1943 or thereabouts, London 111, Berlin, Warsaw, Stalingrad, Tokyo, Hiroshima--

and we have the promise: it will happen only to the BAD guys and gals. and their small children.

like all other promises----.

Not giving it thought. did that, can't hurt long, in the worst hits, I dont even know, remember how it happened, what hit me, how can a bigger, the biggest disaster be worse?

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

it hit me 2 yrs ago that it was a cult and i had wasted my life on a lie. i figure if there is a god that he will be like jesus and not mean and vengeful like that jehovah person and he will understand my circumstances. if there is no god it wont matter anyway. so no. not worried about the gt in the slightest. i am completely out :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit