In Practice, the GB Substitutes "The Organization" for Jesus

by Ding 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Badfish
    Badfish

In Matthew 9:6 Jesus says that he has been given the authority to forgive sins, but the GB teaches that only the Father forgives sins and that he does this in large part based on JWs' proving themselves worthy by faithful dedication to the work of the organization.

Do they really teach that only the Father forgives sins? Are there any Watchtower quotes on this?

• sd-7
    sd-7

"It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel.--Matt. 4:4; John 17:3."--July 15, 2013 Watchtower, p. 20.

We don't need to go very far back to find similar quotes, now, do we? Not very far at all...

Guess that means "Man must not live on bread alone, but on every utterance coming from [the faithful slave's] mouth." And "this means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one [your Son appointed in 1919, the faithful slave]."

--sd-7

• mP
    mP

Man must not live on bread alone, but on every utterance coming from [the faithful slave's] mouth

What utter garbage, if i was hungry i would rather a loaf of bread than a watchtower or a bible.

• Ding
    Ding

Do they really teach that only the Father forgives sins? Are there any Watchtower quotes on this?

Page 81 of the Reasoning book has a heading entited, "Did not Jesus authorize his apostles to forgive sins?" Page 82 says that the apostles could discern through holy spirit whether a person had or had not met biblical requirements for salvation "and could on this basis declare that God had or had not forgiven them."

Here, the GB is emphasizing that it is God who forgives sins.

As we know, the GB teaches that only the Father is Jehovah/God. They teach that Jesus is "a god," but not Jehovah/God.

On page 83, they stress that confession of sins is to be made to Jehovahand that Christ is "a helper with the Father."

• mP
    mP

How exactly does Jesus help Jehovah if Jehovah does absolutely nothing. Jesus is ruling and yet his kingdom has no subjects. He must be the only no man kingdom in the history of humanity.

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Hi Ding I absolutely agree that the FDS's "self appointment" has been their greatest stumbling block to receiving genuine divine favor and guidance. They have indeed attempted to usurp the position that Jesus Christ has in leading the Christian congregation. They have inserted themselves in where they where never invited, in much the same way that other large Christian denominations have done, with the same distastrous results. In Matthew 24-45 they have taken a simple parable and twisted it into a prophecy when it was never intended to be such. Their "self appointment" shows little faith in Christ's ability to lead his true followers by the scriptures and the leading of God's spirit. Instead they have provided us with numerous failed predictions that have done nothing but destroy people's faith in the bible and endless doctrinal changes that make them look confused and definitely not directed by the holy spirit of God. Their fanatical insistance on allegiance to every word that comes out of their mouths is tantamount to idolatry. Their insistance that one must come to them for salvation is blasphemy.

FWFranz

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ding,

::John 14:6, Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me.":::

WT 1:1 Says: " The Governing Body is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except by them or the Corporation they are CEOs of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit