My first post this year - what on Earth has been going on?!

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest members private

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome back nicolaou!

Glag you're not the dead guy thay was joined ...

Hope things are going well, it's good to take a break.

I agree 100% about how to fight for families and friends.

People don't join the WTS because of logical argued doctrine and no amount of arguing about right or wrong will convince them while they are in and believers. I truly believe that waving banners is 100% not effective and possibly contributes to convincing people that the WTS is correct (by proving them right) . No, people typically join because of personal reasons and because of friends and family and leave because of the same things, personal treatment and injustice.

We need to show them that there is life beyond the WTS and it is possible to leave, be happy, not be immediately struck down by leprosy etc...

• mind blown
  • straightshooter
    straightshooter

Good posting nicolaou and Simon. Family and friends are very important. I did not see anyone accept what protesters at the JW conventions were saying. I left because of personal treatment and injustice. I know of others in the cong who left because of the same. Any protesters did not influence anyone that I know.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Exactly Straightshooter. That's why the net can be so much more powerful than waving a sign in front of a DC, and expecting people to take your lit. You can be assured that if anyone did, they would be in front of 3 elders by the end of the week.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Being 'Anti-Watchtower' should not define you, our real fight should be FOR the hearts, minds, futures, careers, health and 'real' happiness of our families and loved ones. Fuck the Watchtower, we need to reach over their heads to the ones we care about.

I totally agree Nicolaou, living well is the best revenge.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

For Slimboy and any others still interested in the postcards.

Yes, I still think it's a positive idea and I will implement it when the time is right - for me. As much as I understand and sympathise with the ex-JW need for anonymity to preserve family contact I'm not sure that that same anonymity is a right once you start publicly campaigning.

If I'm going to do this I'll do it with my name nailed firmly and proudly to the apostate mast!

The apostat.es website is ready but locked away until that time. I know that will be frustrating to many so I'm just going to shut up about the whole postcards thing until I can say "it's here" - hopefully that won't be too long.

Until then . . . .

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I met a few folks who left because of our picketing!!!!!
    Sorry you think I wasted my time.But even 1 that left because we picketed.
    was worth my day!!!

• avishai
    avishai

Well since you're rearing your head, I figure I might as well say hi. Hi everybody

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Avi,

Good seeing you friend!

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit