What was today's video about?

by jgnat 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

Label Licker, I've been around long to know that the truly qualified don't have to brag about themselves.

hoser

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I didnt pay much attention but all in all it wasn't much of a big deal. Just reminding everyone they are a part of something bigger.

I think with so many changes recently and more coming this summer, there is bound to be an impact on the faith of some. Stuff like this shifts the focus from doctrine to "fruits" and "spriitual paradise".

I have spoken with a few people about the changes coming and I said basically :"its obvious they had it wrong before so they had to change it. I guess we can never say for sure what will happen until it actually does occur"
    I said this to nods of agreement.... and these are beleivers!

If believers are going to be realizing that the org. is just responding to outdated timelines instead of channeling Jehovah's light, then yes, they better get the R&F focusing on the non-doctrinal "blessings" of being a JW.

History has proven this works. How many times have we heard about JW's saying;"even if it wasn't the truth I'd still do it!"

JW's are in for the warm fuzzy of being a part of something bigger. "Look how many magazines we print, we MUST be Jehovah's true organization!"

I am certain we are going to see lots more of these streamed videos pushing the mighty ORGANIZATION in front of the R&F's eyes on a regular basis. This on top of the now almost daily reference to JW.org

• sir82
    sir82

Looks like it was a Canada-only thing. Nothing like that in the USA. Just another boring talk and WT study.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

yes just canada.

apparently this was being considered a "pilot test". Expect to see this everywhere (especially 3rd world countries) within a few short years

This should help reduce expensive air travel and pump the F&DS directly into the eyes and ears of the R&F on a regular basis.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Aha! Greater emphasis on the (much reduced) Faithful and Discreet Slave!

• therevealer
    therevealer

From facebook regarding this meeting from somewhere in British Columbia.

Such an AWESOME Zone Meeting!

No where else is there such unity.... so nice to all get the same talk same time

Did you happen to record any of it? I tried to get out of work but had no success. (Oops. Naughty, naughty.)

It was indeed a faith strengthening meeting.

we had ours this morning ...loved it and can't wait till the convention for our new gifts, and then the annual meeting in october

• jgnat
    jgnat

"so nice to all get the same talk at the same time"

Confusing unity with uniformity again.

Parade Soldiers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit