Disfellowshipping question for X or Current Elders

by tresdecu 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Asteroid
    Asteroid

“How long does the appeal process usually take?”

Turned the request in Sunday. Midweek, I was scheduled for the appeal hearing the coming Sunday. Officially unDFd the Sunday after the appeal hearing.

During the appeal the looks on the faces of the JC were priceless. They had no choice but to unDF.

• Listener
    Listener

Sounds like you have an interesting story Asteroid.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I appealed my df'ing, and I know of someone else who appealed. We both even wrote to Bethel. This was 10 years apart and different congs. Niether of us one the appeal. Once a JC has got it in for you, you're a gonner whether you appeal or not.

That's WT for you, lots of unjust Df'ings and many cases of leniecy shown in more unscriptural cases. It depends who you know and who you are related to.

Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

ADCMS -

If they truly believed their decision is god-directed, no appeal would be necessary. Allowing appeals obviously allows for human error as a factor.

This was what got me thinking when I was an elder. Why not trust what god transmitted via Holy Spirit(tm)?

Let's be honest...........JC's, appeals are all based on what decision the biggest bully on the BOE decides and are often based on favouritism. Never expect fairness!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I served until the late Nineties. I know of two successful appeals , both with young women for immorality. I was on the original committee of one of them . Her father helped her appeal and we went through it all again, with us having to explain our decision to the appeal committee. As somebody said, the strange bit is when they deliberated and both the young "sister" and us elders were in the hall awaiting their decision. She sat one side of the empty Hall, the other twoelders stood aloof on the other side. I did not want it to be cold and seperate so I went over and chatted to her. The Two glared at me....

Our decision was overturned. As always the elders hated it. They did not forgive her for years - but she stayed in, with her family.. At the time I thought that was good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit