What did I miss? New twist on a very old song, SHUNNING?

by freeflyingfaerie 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

It went like this~

Dear Faerie,

We don't want you for a moment to think we've forgotton you. -On the contrary we have many sleepless - restless nights concerned w/your welfare- We can only imagine how difficult it must be on you to have made this move to El Paso- a new job, change of friends, etc. You and the girls have been through much & I know- you must have had good intentions for them in doing this- difficult thing-

We wish & hope one day you'll agree with us that real joy & satisfaction in life are unattainable if we live independently of our Creator - Jehovah wants to protect us & guide us in the best way possible for true contentment - In our lives we've noted how when we've gone contrary we only hurt ourselves- so- we try- to look to him for guidance- & we're happy- only thing that would make things complete is you- we love you Faerie-

Mom & Dad - (Sister)

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Unnecessary division of family that loves each other.

• Londo111
    Londo111

In the 2012 Yearbook, one experience is of a young lady shunning her friend for merely being inactive.

One day this is a question I want to ask a JW to get them to think:

Me> Do you believe Bible principles make a person a better family member?

JW> Yes.

Me> Then why do you shun family? Has that made you a better family member? Is shunning really a "Bible principle" or an extreme interpretation? Who did Jesus shun?

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Londo~ Those are great questions. Who did Jesus shun?! Who did he shun?

Pharisees, ....I"m drawing a blank here. Well, maybe we are to be treated as pharisees for believing differently, yeah, that's it.

Jesus and I would've been buddies, I just know it. Maybe not all of the apostles so much. Guess jws have higher standards than hippie Jesus did. I'm just certain that he would've given me some of that fish and that bread. And doggon it, he may have even let me wash his tired sore feet...those poor puppies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit