A 3 phase great tribulation.?? Has anybody else heard this before? July 15 2013 Watchtower

by SeekingTheRealTruth 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SeekingTheRealTruth
    SeekingTheRealTruth

Am I the only one that never heard this before? On pg 3 par 3 of July 15 2013 watchtower it says "For a number of years, we thought that the great tribulation began in 1914 with World War I and that "those days were cut short" by Jehovah in 1918 when the war ended so that the remnant would have the opportunity to preach the good news to all nations." After the completion of that preaching work,Satans empire would be destroyed. Thus, the great tribulation was thought to have three phases: There would be a beginning (1914-1918)' the tribulation would be interrupted (1918 onward)' and it would conclude at Armageddon." My husband, mom, or myself have never heard this belief before. Has anybody else? Since there are so many publications for witnesses..maybe we missed it. Just curious.

• designs
    designs

What they leave out is who taught that- was it a belief of Russell's, post Russell but before the JWs, or a Rutherford idea post 1931.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yep, as designs says, a REALLY OLD belief. Why bring it up now? I'd have to read the entire article to posit a guess and my stomach isn't up for that.

• SeekingTheRealTruth
    SeekingTheRealTruth

Good point..and since the average publisher doesn't have access to publications before 1950 how convenient.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That was still taught in the 60's when i learned the stuff.

S

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" - The Chapter on the last days, and "how this World Meets its End"

The great tribulation was interrupted in 1918, so that the harvest could save those who might otherwise not be saved.

P.197: The Great Crowd has come out of the Great Tribulation... this tribulation began on the Devil's organization AD 1914, when Jehovah's newly enthroned King took war against his enemies in Heaven.

Jesus said this tribulation would be cut short so that some flesh could be saved. How was it cut short? By God stopping the war action in heaven against the Devil's organization.

It is during this in - between period... that the Great crowd of "other sheep" come out. Now is that time. (Most of them are now dead so wont "come out of anything"!!)

It is a load of SHITE.

Read a reliable history of the First World War, then you will know why it really ended.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They got rid of this teaching in the late 70's, saying that the First WW was not as bad as even the second, which was not part of this "tribulation" so awful it had never been seen before. In that study, they put a new idea that Daniel 12 foretold the length of WW2 - 1800 odd days. that was never mentioned again, and they went back to the rinky-dinky A$$emblies in the 20s idea.

Most young witlesses dont even know of this GT teaching- they must be talking about it to put another spin on a doctrine, or to introduce a new "troof" - noolite- that depends on debunking this teaching which was forgotten for thirty or more years.

HB

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think the Watchtower January 15th 1970 explains the change.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It was only mentally diseased apostates under satan's direction who knew better than to believe in a three phase tribulation. JW's who are being led by men claiming to be directed by Holy Spirit, were once again misinformed.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They should have said. " For decades we taught the long forgotten and revised truth, that 1914 was the End of the Time of trouble! This indisputable fact was made know to the Laodicean messenger through the Great Pyramid of Geza!"

It' just a Red Herring along the trail. Some " spiritual " person will raise their hand and say, " See what we used to think? How happifying that the light gets brighter! The Slave really has their eye on the ball!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit