Under the New Light, Where is the Continuity?

by Ding 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Under the old light, from 33 CE onward, there was always an anointed remnant on earth, and these constituted the faithful and discreet slave class whom Jesus had appointed over his domestics to give them spiritual meat in due season.

But the new light is that the "anointed" were NOT the faithful and discreet slave after all.

In fact, according to the new light, Jesus did not appoint anyone as faithful and discreet slave over his domestics until 1919 (not even the apostles or Russell).

So according to the new light, who or what was Jehovah's visible organization from the death of the apostles until 1919?

Who was authorized to provide spiritual food in due season?

Where is the continuity?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Please stop trying to make sense out of nonsense. It doesn't work. Never has, never will!

• Ding
    Ding

I agree that it's nonsense.

I'm trying to pose questions that can be asked of JWs.

It seems to me that this new light seriously undermines many things the WTS has been teaching.

• Bella15
    Bella15

The Catholic Church ... lol

• SophieG
    SophieG

LOL!

I understand so much more about what I used to believe now that I am out, but this “new light” is making me a feel a bit nutty…one question leads to another and another….

So I can only imagine how all my friends and family are going to totally GLOSS it over because it won’t make any sense to them. They won’t think any farther than that WT study that day.
    Ask them about over-lapping generations…*dead stare*. This new light…*even more dead stare*

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Nice little Scripture to reason on: Isaiah 41:8 "But you, O Israel, are my servant. . .

So who was God's 'servant'? (singular) Collectively, everyone in the nation of Israel.

Who would replace that 'servant' later on as God's collective 'servant'? "The Israel of God". (Galatians 6:16: Matthew 21:43) Who are the Israel of God? All those who were reconciled by faith in Christ.

So everyone is a steward or slave and each one has the option of being faithful & discreet, or evil. There are no 'classes' - it's ONE flock!

• designs
    designs

So much for 'Apostalic succession' lol

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I get what your saying,...

I have had the same thought and actually almost started a thread very similar yesterday.

I remember the banded stump prophecy, was that not supposed to be the lineage of gods chosen people during that period.

Also remember the Waldenses (sp?) and other groups that were supposed to be that fine ribbon through time of gods chosen people that were at least the most accurate, were these not supposed to be special, anointed ones?

Anyone care to clarify?

NJY

• prologos
    prologos

it is not just about the continuity either. it is about the start.

In the various parables dealing with the work of the stewarts, slaves,

the responsability to ALL the workers is always given when the master DEPARTS at his ascention to eventually get kingdom power.

All were to work from the Leaving, the START to the end, one after another. The same with the wheat, there was CONTINUED overlapping wheat from beginning to end.

clearly great works have been done SINCE THEN by all. and there was continuity, if a contentious one.

This new light is all wrong, for it proposes that the responsabilities were given at the (invisible) RETURN, ( 1st. inspection)

Everybody or generation always thought They were special, They were in the important end times (and they were of course for them), but

this latter-day power grab and the convoluted date-shuffling that goes with, exposes the proponents for what they are.

At least Isaac Newton acknowledged that he stood on the shoulders of Giants.

This demotion of the likes of Paul of Tarsus, Tyndale, Luther, Calvin et al, despite all their faults, is shameful self-aggrandisement. .

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

Hi Ding

This line of thinking is quite close to that of Herbert W. Armstrong and the "World Wide Church of God". Armstrong believed that Christ's church had fallen into apostacy by adopting many pagan traditions and beliefs and wasn't liberated from their spiritual darkness until he came on the scene as God's chosen vessel to restore the truth to Christianity. This is more or less what the WTS is now teaching. Especially as they now think that there was no one in particular who was appointed to feed the flock from the death of the apostles right up until CT.Russell came on the scene.

FWFranz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit