NEW LIGHT: The WT Leadership has been wrong about their own identity for the last 93 years!

by Oubliette 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OK! So by now, we all know about the "New Light" concerning the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" class being the Governing Body and just the Governing Body. Other "anointed ones" need not apply. You've been summarily kicked to the curb. That's just the way it is. Deal with it.

There have been countless recent threads about this change. So why am I creating yet another one? Because there is a really significant point that has been alluded to in many of those threads, sometimes even directly commented on, but not necessarily given the emphasis that it really needs for the benefit of newbies and lurkers here. (Hence this thread with the not-too-subtle title making this point!)

In several of the parallel threads, there are quotes and paraphrases of the responses of active JWs to this "New Light." It is interesting to note the "Still-in" justification of the change in the minds of those still captive. Although variously worded, the reactions are generally along the lines of this:

In a way, this FDS=GB change makes sense! The GB members are obviously the ones in charge. 1 This just changes our understanding to match how things really are. In fact, this is what I always thought it was!

Hmmm.

It is true. This particular "New Light" likely lines up with what is probably the actual practice in Brooklyn, whereas the previous ("Old Light") fantasy about the "worldwide composite body of all the anointed" being the FDS simply did not make sense in any practical way. There were just too many questions without logical answers:

• How exactly did the "composite body" of anointed communicate with each other? With the GB?
    • How were they involved in the preparation and distribution of "spiritual food"?
    • How were the FDS involved in the selection of new GB members?
    • What sort of input did the thousands of FDS around the globe have in the deliberations and decisions of the GB?
    • How did the GB reach out to these "anointed" ones for input and counsel?

So many questions; not too many answers, at least not any that make any sense. Hence the need for this "New Light." Problem solved! No, not really.

I recently heard an elder "justify" this "adjustment in our understanding" using this same flawed line of reasoning presented above, "Well that's how it actually works. It makes sense!"

But does it? Does it really? Is it even an adequate explanation? I don't think so.

The problem with this justification is that it ignores a very important fact that simply must not be ignored, at least not by anyone that is actually interested in truth and accurate knowledge: The WT Leadership has been wrong about their own identity for the last 93 years!

Do you understand the significance of this undeniable fact?

This is the proverbial elephant in the room.

Anyone got a shovel? You're gonna need it ... eventually!

FDS Old Light

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 - Never mind the glaring disparity between the concept of a "Slave" and the reality of the GB acting as a Master. In JW-land words don't seem to mean what they mean in the rest of the universe. But I guess that's just too much Cognitive Dissonance for one lesson.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"I recently heard an elder "justify" this "adjustment in our understanding" using this same flawed line of reasoning echoed by many in response to this adjustment, "Well that's how it actually works."

Really? Is that an adequate explanation? I don't think so. "

It is an adequate explanation, because it's true. But I do think that that elder made a mistake being that truthful!

This is not about theology/interpretation. It's about power over the organisation.

• Think About It
    Think About It

How can anybody left with a brain still follow the JW religion? This is an orgnization that claims to be God's channel of only truth on earth, yet it is now 2013, and they are just now figuring out that they like the idea that only the GB is the F&DS. So simple to see that these morons make up doctrine as they go along, yet as you show it is like the big elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about.

Please.....if there are any JW lurkers out there on the fence. Leave this wacky cult and do something more positive, and enjoyable with your life.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Dismissing servant: This is not about theology/interpretation. It's about power over the organisation.

Exactly! And this is the ironically funny point: Doctrine actually doesn't matter. It's not about WHAT is true; it's only about WHO must be obeyed. This and other recent changes make it clear that if you're a JW you must believe whatever is published in the WT no matter how illogical, nonsensical, inconsistent, incoherent or contradictory to previous and/or current beliefs.

And when, not if, there are future "adjustments in understanding" you must believe them too just like you must believe these.

The really ridiculous thing about it is that the GB use this particular teaching to assert their claim to authority, but the fact that they have been wrong about their own identity for the last 93 years (according to their "theology") actually PROVES that the only power and authority they have is imaginary. But because JWs believe it, it is "real" to them and they submit to it as if it really exists.

Looking in from the outside we see a fantasy world of groupthink delusions.

It would be laughable if it didn't have such damaging affects on the lives of so many.

Think About It: Great advice to lurkers. Hopefully they'll think about it!

• CADSkin
    CADSkin

The GB changes have always seemed reactionary to me. I wonder if this power grab is rooted in any anointed ones grumbling about changes. Overlapping generations for example. We had a very nice Anointed MS who didn’t want to be an elder in my old hall(far too humble). The elders hated him because people would go to him for advice sometimes. We had “special talks” all the time about proper authority. They basically hunted down and DF’d all his kids until he moved. He was a really great and knowledgeable guy.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The GB has been trying to dicredit any of the so called FDS for some time now. Labeling them mentally unstable. But scriptures being scriptures, people gave them a higher level of respect, know doubt in referance to "holding the skirt of a jew." The GB in it's ultra paranoid status, isn't interested in sharing any authority with those out of their realm of direct control. So with a few pen strokes, all authority has been granted to the few loons in NY who call themselves the GB. Everyone else is eqaul, but clearer lower.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

In a way, this FDS=GB change makes sense! The GB members are obviously the ones in charge. 1 This just changes our understanding to match how things really are. In fact, this is what I always thought it was!

When a group of men say they are the:

"sole channel of communication between God and mankind"

they are replacing Jesus Christ who is the ONLY Mediator, no men are required.

Anyone who claims to be "in charge" is "standing in the Holy Place"

The scripture where Jesus asks "who really is the faithful and discreet slave"

does NOT apply to a "class" there is no-one, no man or group of men, "in charge"

That is a "Catholic Pope" concept. Same thing.

We are all supposed to be "faithful slaves". Its a rhetorical question.

The WT GB FDS sets themselves up as "leaders" when Jesus clearly said

" Call no man your leader for ONE is your leader, the Christ."

No "governing body"no FDS it doesn't exist axcept

in your indoctrinated mind and the indoctrinated minds

of the JW's who believe this false teaching.

Its not Biblical. Not true. And its anti-Christ.

• inbetween
    inbetween

Oubliette, thanks for your thread, i was yesterday thinking about starting one about the same problem,

it is a biggie, they did not know about their identity, they did also not know what exactly jesus appointed them for (app over belongings now in future !), so how can they say, they know what jesus / jehovah told them to write, say, produce in the last 93 years ?

It actually would be easy to dismiss all this as mere human fantasy, then again, its like the proverbial elephant, only us apostates see it....

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

So ... 98 years after Jesus was enthroned in kingdom power, his Faithful and Discreet Slave recognized their true identity, 93 years after Jesus' appointed them? Yet it will make sense to the indoctrinated mind.

What about Matthew 28:20, does this only apply since 1919?

' And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.'

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Even if you accept the new FDS identity as the GB, there was no GB until 1975!!! That's what I see as the largest glaring hole in this new doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit