Is 'evil' an invention of man??

by Monsieur 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some animals have an amount of empathy. Humans have more. They can override it w religion, philosophy, greed, ego. Perhaps, a thing to consider is the subonscious. Going deep into the subconscious, often a feeling of being connected to all is experienced. Sometimes, boundaries separating individuals can temporarily dissapear. I could take a chance and said that this same thing is in everyones subconscious. If that was true, then it is that feeling of oneness that is slowly rising to the surface mind, closer to conscious realization.

'I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.', as the beatles put it.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, of course, the idea of evil is a human invention.

S

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Procreation and death appear to be the basic motivators of humans and animals. So called moral standards will disappear in the instant of an emergency, say a fire in a niteclub. Most are killed in the stampede. Also go to a niteclub and watch the male/female behaviour. Hilarious that it is so close to animals. And yes, evil is in the eye of the beholder, so is a construct to be used to control others.

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

as a species, we are obviously more mentally advanced, thus the concept of God. Does our propensity for defining 'God' exist simply because our minds are capable enough to form a 'concept' of god and equally capable of communicating this concept?

in the same sense that we are capable enough to travel into outer space ( a far more complicated 'concept' to comprehend in my opinion).

so our minds are just capable enough for this type of thinking, nothing more and nothing less perhaps?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

When evolution brought us self awareness we started to understand our limited life span bringing a feeling of futility. Why so short? Why not forever? Also it brought us fear of being alone and of death. Recipe for creating gods.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Evil is pure perspective

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit