AUSTRALIA | Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Society Appear Before Child Abuse Inquiry | Thursday 11 April, 2013

by jwleaks 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• zeb
    zeb

"They are directed to immediately contact the societys legal dept the check their obligations under state law".. CUTE! and how long does this take? Why has not the wts already done this and have all elders advised as a matter of course in case a case comes up. While all the checking is being done then the offender will go to ground or/ and has a chance to arrange for fake alibies and all the rest. and this assumes that the offence is a one off that the child is now safe.

Another writer said "Churches deal with sin, crime is best left to the Police".

I hope the inquiry lawyers are up to this!

• zeb
    zeb

Notify the societys legal dept... how long will that take. In the interim the offender has time to arrange his fake alibies or go to ground. and all this assumes that the incident is a one off and that the victim is safe. Did i say fake alibies? There was a case in this sate where JW did just that and copped a serve from the judge foe this lying. If they lied in court it is called perjury and I dont know how they were not prosecuted for this.

I do hope the inquiry lawyers are up to this.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If anyone asks me in future why I am no longer a Jehovah's Witness I shall reply:

"In all conscience I could no longer belong once I found out the Organization had no morals".

There is a moral responsibility that falls upon organizations to report abuse, it is not just individuals responsibility.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

So - only TWO - yes TWO!!!!! elders have been removed for child abuse in the last 40 years.

It confirms the accusation of Silent Lambs that abusers are still in "good standing" even after being tried and convicted.

What about warning those in danger (the reason all witlesses are told to go on door to bore misery) But of course - protecting children doesnt bring in money or more victims to sucker.

HB

• geevee
    geevee

I am reviewing some information on Child Abuse and the way that this is handled today 2015.

Has there been any changes in the directives to elders in how Child Abuse reports and actual cases are handled?

It used to be ring the legal department and handle as much in house as possible? Or do elders now mandatory report Child Abuse?

I live in Australia. Thank you in advance

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

@geevee

i actually emailed the parliament when I saw that this happened, in case you're interested. They responded and said it was tabled before a different committee, which I assumed meant it is now in queue for consideration. But it's been 2 years and I just emailed them like 3 weeks ago.... So I don't think this is being addressed anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit