untitled

by Blind_Of_Lies 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I know that there are a lot of sporadic viewers and “lurkers” who are still “in” and don’t log into this forum or any other website because they have been taught doing so will welcome demonic influence from us mentally ill individuals who decided to leave the JW religion of our own free well.

This post is for you.

One thing I always was confused about while I was “in” was the status of the Watchtower group being a cult. By my understanding they met the criteria however it was adamantly denied by people who were active and in on the flip side just about anyone who left the group or got kicked out eventually decided they were in fact a cult. When I started my final fade and ultimately cut ties with the group one of the things I was shocked to discover was that governments around the world, including the United States classified Jehovah’s Witnesses as a cult. In some cases they went so far as to ban JW’s on this basis, but you rarely if ever hear the C word from the platform. Now that I know the truth it always frustrates me when a JW tries to dispute the cult status.

Below are a couple links that I found doing a very basic Google search. Two are from Wikipedia, the first defines a cult and the second is a list of the major world powers who classify the group as a cult.

The easiest way to locate their entries is to go to the page and on your keyboard bring up the page search bar by holding down the control button and then pressing F so cntrl+F. This will bring up a search bar that will search the text on the page for a term. Search for “Jehovah” and click “highlight all”.

This should prove some interesting reading from a neutral source. No apostate spin, no JW spin…simply the facts as viewed from the majority of humanity.

What is a Cult? Wiki page

Wiki page about Goverments and Cults

Top Ten Cults To be fair this one is from a random Christian website not wiki. JW's are #2 on the list just behind LDS and Scientology is #3.

Happy reading.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The one thing that people get wrong about the cult status is that it has something to do with it being unlike "mainstream Christianity." This has nothing to do with being a cult, in fact religion may have nothing to do with whether a group is considered a cult or not.

It was only when I saw the pattern of behavior which describes a cult (which Steve Hassan is so well known for) that I began to understand why JWs are a cult.

Before this I always blew off the cult idea thinking its nobody's business to proclaim one group to be "mainstream" or acceptable and one with funky ideas a "cult."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit