The Watchtower BTS now teaches the Rapture

by Julia Orwell 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Note what the Reasoning book said about the Rapture in 1984:

Rapture

Definition: The belief that faithful Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, suddenly taken out of the world, to be united with the Lord “in the air.” The word “rapture” is understood by some persons, but not by all, to be the meaning of 1 Thessalonians 4:17. The word “rapture” does not occur in the inspired Scriptures...

Will all faithful Christians be taken miraculously from the earth by the Lord before the great tribulation? Matt. 24:21, 22: “Then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.” (This does not say that “the chosen ones” will all have been taken to heaven before the great tribulation, does it? Rather, it holds out the prospect to them, along with associates in the flesh, of surviving that great tribulation on earth.)

The latest WT articles say, the ones that have so far caused such a stir among us: All faithful anointed ones who are still on earth after the initial part of the great tribulation has passed will already have received their final sealing. Then, as indicated in Jesus’ prophecy about the great tribulation, they will be gathered to heaven. I rest my case!
  • ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

We accept the Rapture now! Do I need to apologize to all the born-again Christians I said were wrong? I feel like a heel now!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think they've always taught that the remaining anointed would be "raptured" at some point during the transition to the thousand year reign.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I thought that too, but it's very telling that the rapture is now moved to before Armageddon. Telling of what, I don't know.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

But the anointed need to be on earth during the GT so that it is cut short and the big A comes...if the anointed go to heaven during the GT then what about the scripture that says on the account of the chosen ones the big A starts?

They are just making this stuff up...

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

I had thought all annointed must die oneway or another before the great tribulation starts. I don't remember any talk of Jah taking their souls before their death

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My wife picked up on this bit during the memorial talk.

I (half) joked with her that a good way for the New Faithful and Discreet Slave Class to get rid of Annointed Partakers would now be to "help them" on their way to Jesus with "special" Watchtower Farms Wine.

The wine would actually be a dehydrated "wine mix" in a packet shipped to all congregations. Elders would just have to mix (very carefully) this special memorial concoction and give extra warning about who should partake come memorial night.

This would not only solve their "Partaker Problem" but also help out Jesus. He could really use their input in figuring out his heavenly kingdom.

My wife's reaction to my idea: "They would literally be drinking the Kool Aid"

Yes, something like that.

I doubt anyone would ever partake again.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Dear Jesus,

Please. Start. Rapture. Immediately.

Thank you,

All ex-JWs

• Londo111
    Londo111

If some day the Governing Body just up and vanish, it wouldn't be without the hundreds of millions in the Society's piggiebanks being "raptured" too.

• heathen
    heathen

I've even heard the then president of the WTBTS say he planned to just walk out of this world as with the GC promise but that's not what it's about for the LF, I think he died of cancer someone said awhile back . The bible is clear to me on the LF having to die and be resurrected a spirit like jesus , the difference is there is no time spent in the grave and the twinkling of an eye is the duration they know death during the time of the end , the GC are the only ones promised to never know death at all . IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit