Proper understanding of the Mediator & New Covenant

by Crazyguy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Bump for anyone that might care.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I enjoyed re-reading this thread and links. Hope you're having a great Saturday evening Crazyguy.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thanks Bobcat this Saturday has been pretty good thanks and hope all is well with you!

• waton
    waton

A beautiful mild flowery, day, evening among the palms here,

The canard of wt is that the spiritual israel is 144 ooo. that is like saying the nation of Israel in the Law covenant was composed of the tribes of Levi and Judah. the priests and the kings. Read Rev 7, the original 144 chapter, read it please again, again if you have too: The 144 k come OUT OF the twelve tribes, they are not the only Israel. They are at best 2/12 fraction. at best, or worst.

New covenant is for forgiveness of sins, all embracing, kingdom covenant: to come. ( if there really was a talking snake.

• waton
    waton

The term "New" covenant directs you back to the "old", law, mosaic covenant for contrast and understanding. (rejecting the idea of types and antitypes notwithstanding).

Was not the majority of the worshipping nation in the Law covenant? all of them bound by it? why should it be different today?

relevant text in today's wt study: par 11, -- Jesus in Mark 3:35 : "Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother sister mother" not in the future, since it was spoken. wt quoting bible, but not listening. obfuscation.

• NikL
    NikL

As I was reading through your lengthy and well researched post I was struck by a thought that kept running through my head over and over again Namely, how can it be so freaking complicated?

Surely God and Jesus didn't intend for the message to be that way. The apostles were uneducated for the most part. This mumbo jumbo of the WT society requires mental gymnastics of Olympic proportions!

When you simply read gods word the bible, you get a completely different message. No matter what the evil slave in New York says.

Jesus died for all men to believe and be saved.

The message is so clear really.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A "proper" understanding, based on whose hallucination?

• waton
    waton
    A "proper" understanding, based on whose hallucination?

NN: the talking snake story was possibly in part influenced by psychic substance use. To disprove any erroneus conclusion, that clash with the details of the plot, you do not need more pot, but pitting one version against the other, eliminating errors in a version, one by one, that is why crime stories are fun.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Bumping this thread so to explain why all Christians should be partaking at today’s memorial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit