Disfellowshipped for PARTAKING

by irondork 10 Replies latest jw friends

• irondork
    irondork

I wonder if anyone has ever been disfellowshipped just for partaking. Of course they would eventually tag it as apostacy, but the real reason would stand - and could get the attention of local media.

The newsies tend to shy away from doctrinal entanglements, but the idea of a "Christian" church disfellowshipping one of their own for taking the sacrament - surely that would raise someones eyebrow. How would that play out if they called Bethel for a comment?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Never heard of that...they basically just smear your publicly in the WT by calling you retarded.

• blondie
    blondie

I know of 2 people df'd for encouraging others to partake and that more than 144,000 are called to heaven. If you partake personally and don't challenge their doctrine, I imagine they will ignore you. I know of some who had private meetings at home and partook..........naughty, naughty.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I know of some who had private meetings at home and partook..........naughty, naughty.

I have a friend who partakes at home after the official KH Memorial because he caught too much flack about thinking he was of the "annointed". I've read of several on here who do the same. Perhaps this is more common than you might imagine.

Doc

• trujw
    trujw

That's the problem with a cult. If tomorrow they said all should partake new light. Those that disagree would quickly be kicked out. It is so sad. My mom would be the First to stone all non par takers. She so loves the kook laid.

• DanmeraDinglebum
    DanmeraDinglebum

There was one brother I who all of a sudden partook. Big shocker in the hall as you can imagine. He was announced as DF'd a few weeks later.

I don't think however, it was for partaking. Looking back, knowing what I know now, my guess (just a guess mind you) is he found out the thruth about "the truth". It was the early '80s, when the WT took Jesus away and the great purge that followed.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

About 17 years ago I knew a relatively young brother who sincerely believed he was of the anointed and partook. The local elders, who were all in their 70s or 80s, treated him as though he were mentally defective and verging on apostate. His wife and I were close friends, so I knew this first hand. In my uber-faithful outrage I wondered out loud what Jesus would think of this treatment of one of his brothers. How dare they judge him?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"I have a friend who partakes at home after the official KH Memorial because he caught too much flack about thinking he was of the "annointed". I've read of several on here who do the same. Perhaps this is more common than you might imagine.

Doc"

When you have to hold your own secret worship sessions at home because your church (or in this case kingdom hall) isn't quite cutting it.....isn't it time you re-visit your beliefs and/or religion?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Check out Narkissos' biography here. Also check out here (his post # 6189 & 6192) where he gives some of the particulars. (Not for pataking, but for what it led to.)

• irondork
    irondork

Thanks for the links Bobcat. Very familiar thought processes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit