Joel Osteen...come again?

by SophieG 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SophieG
  • innerpeace
    innerpeace

very interesting, I hope they let him leave peacefully if that's what he wants

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't know if he can afford to go, according to a Church member he has only screwed fifty million plus dollars out of the scam, I mean church.

• SophieG
    SophieG

I am still digging to find out if this is really true.

• donny
    donny

The link provided is apparently a fake one. His real site is http://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/About.aspx. The link in the article has "olsten" instead of "olsteen".

• SophieG
    SophieG

Thanks Donny!

But I would not be surprised if one day he does flake out...LOL

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i called osteens ministry about 6 months or so ago, to share the gospel with them, all they wanted to do is sell me things, when i shared the real gospel and told them the false gospel osteen is preaching is a counterfiet, they still tryed to sell me things! wicked

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Lakewood Church Pastor Joel Osteen was the victim of an elaborate Internet hoax on Monday, in which a fake website was set up to declare that he had left the Christian church due to his "lack of faith."

The website JoelOsteenMinistries.com was no longer working as of late Monday, but a fake Twitter account -- @PastorJoelOsteen — was still working and denied its own inauthenticity. "Nothing fake here," the user tweeted at a specific individual. "The church controls almost all the accts in my name. They've cut off and seized my accts. They're panicking."

Stars who deserve a late-night talk show

The individual(s) behind the hoax also set up a fake website for Osteen's Lakewood church and produced a fake YouTube video, which is embedded below.

Osteen, 50, has led Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas since 1999 — succeeding his father as senior pastor. He also has written several books and his ministry is broadcast in over 100 countries around the world.

• david_10
    david_10

I've always felt that when you're getting paid to love Jesus, then you have a major conflict of interest.

Mr. Osteen is getting paid an awful lot to love Jesus. $50,000,000? Is that a fictictious number, or is that actually what he's made off with? That's a huge conflict of interest. No matter how he really feels, I seriously doubt if he would suddenly get conscience-stricken and give it up.

I've channel-surfed past his Sunday morning show a couple of times and I can't really find any fault with it----------he's very polished, he cleans up well, and he gives a nice sermon that doesn't require a lot of thought processes and sends everybody home feeling good. What's wrong with that? I can't see that it's worth $50,000,000, but I'm not the one signing the checks. To each his own, is what I say.

David

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It has been reported to be an internet hoax.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit