Active/Fading JWs...How Many Have Been DFd in Your Hall in the Last Year?

by LostGeneration 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousofChange - "Evidently a lot more who have been 'reproved' than DFd."

That's telling in and of itself; if they DFed more than they reproved (rather than the other way 'round), they probably wouldn't have too many young people left (hormones and biology being what they are, LOL)...

I remember back in the day when I finally figured out that the regularity of fornication-related "local needs" had a direct correlation to the amount of hot young sex that was secretly going on (or not so secretly, I learned later); it makes me laugh, now.

It's occurred to me that if/when they crack down harder on DFing offenses (anything, not just sex) the way GB2.0 seem to want lately, we're gonna see the retention rate get even lower that what has been, with even more "still-in" friends and family members secretly (or not so secretly) breaking the rules and staying in touch...

Historically, passive civil disobediance like this this has often caused authoritarian regimes to tighten their grip even harder, which causes more defections, and so on, and so forth...

It's called a "cascade effect".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's occurred to me that if/when they crack down harder on DFing offenses (anything, not just sex) the way GB2.0 seem to want lately, we're gonna see the retention rate get even lower that what has been, with even more "still-in" friends and family members secretly (or not so secretly) breaking the rules and staying in touch...

I think they are hoping to make examples in an effort to stop all the fornicating that is going on.

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The young ones who are adept at leading a "double life" rarely get caught these days, they cover well for each other. So, I don't think the Nazi Elders will have much success in stopping "fornication", a few make the mistake of pregnancy, the majority get away with it. Older ones too of course hide their "sin" quite effectively in many cases.

Though I do not feel happy about the lies and subterfuge these people are forced to use, I hope they get away with it, it is more proof that "Holy Spirit" is nowhere to be seen in the WT vicinity.

In my old Congo we used to have a DFing about every five years, the last one I heard of was for smoking, he had hid it for decades, I rest my case.

• Terry
    Terry

THERE ARE approximately 70,000 JW's disfellowshipped each year. 1% is admitted by the Society and they have 7 million members.

Every 10 years you enough EX-JW's to lift a battleship.

Since the GB is hellbent on making enemies of those people in calling them names and shunning them....

what happens when a critical mass accumulates?

Let's say a million former members amassed ever 14 years or so.....that's a lot of enemies!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Desirous of Change - "I think they are hoping to make examples in an effort to stop all the fornicating that is going on."

I don't know that they're overly preoccupied with preventing all that dirty, dirty f**king (good luck with that LOL!) so much as reinforcing submission to their authority. Remember, it's an "unrepentant attitude" that gets you DFed more than anything else.

At least it was back in the day; "brazen conduct" is the new catch-all, and it can (and probably will) be used with fairly wide-reaching discretion. IMO, it dovetails with this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/250218/2/Bethel-Brothers-explanation-to-young-mother-as-to-WHY-God-would-destroy-children-at-armegeddon (my second post, currently at the bottom of the page)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Terry - "Since the GB is hellbent on making enemies of those people in calling them names and shunning them... what happens when a critical mass accumulates?"

I'm pretty sure that, faced with (eventual) implosion, the WTS would try and martyr itself nice and messy-like, rather than go out gracefully.

I'm still inclined to to call the new upstate compound the "Watchtower Masada".

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I've been out for 9 years, but in the rural congregation I attended for the last 10 years of my association we had exactly zero DFs. I was the first one in all that time, and I DA'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit