4/1/2013 public WT, "A man named Andre' was very close to his father, who suddenly fell ill and died"

by Theocratic Sedition 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, are they trying to portray the job story in a modern setting. Is satan killing job's, err, andre's people? Jay hoover challenged old satan to a game of polker w andres life?

S

• never a jw
    never a jw

I am sure I am missing the joke. What is all this about Andre that I hear so much. As far as I can go, it seems that the WT used a fictitious chracter and passed it as real to the rank and file. Any link that may help me partake of the joke?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

never a jw - it seems for some reason the name "andre" is used several times a year in WT publications. There aren't too many dudes named Andre, so its a source of amusement here, and some speculate that maybe an apostate writer at HQ is using the name frequently as a joke.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/215312/1/Okay-I-believe-the-Andre-thing-now

My favorite reference in that thread is to Andre the Apostate, who turned back from his ways and once again became a loyal JW!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It all started with the first Andre, Andre the Nephilim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit