A very simple trick for helping JWs - be nice to them on YouTube!

by cedars 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yup. My recent time spent w my sis, in connection w our mothers death, i was nothing but friendly, positive and supportive of my sis. Time will tell, if it did anything. My sis is a victim, too.

S

• Mum
    Mum

I remember many of the "worldly" people who were nice to me when I was going door to door. It's never a waste of time to say a kind word. Many people are starving for kindness.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Remember...every JW have some kind of belief that "apostates" are terrible and cruel people. If a JW observes that this is not a fact, a lot of things can happen.

I don't understand how some people think. Today we have had two newcomers to this forum, at least one of them a JW (the dutch woman who wants to find a brother to marry) and one maybe a JW (who wrote about the AAWA). Why the heck starting insulting those people? Why being so confrontative? Do people here wish to scare them away? Do you want to show them that their prejudice towards apostates are correct?

I think everyone here does know that you can't reach a JW by being confrontative. All the alarm bells will ring, as well as they do if you bombard then with facts about false prophecies and cases of child molestation. If we should be able to reach them we must talk to their "authentic self", not the "cult self" . Remember the cognitive dissonance.

• clarity
    clarity

Good comment DIS......seems too often humans see

someone who is confused & just have to get a dig in.

If we try to remember these people made the effort to

come on board here, and trust us enough to ask a question.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit