Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 03-31-2013 WT Study (ELDERS FELLOW WORKERS)

by blondie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, splash, I forgot about the "glorious ones." My husband says they were always called "the mighty ones" at the elder's meetings and they were told by the CO they had more holy spirit than others in the congregation (although in print the WTS does not say that).

Thanks everyone.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Strewth! David being used again. Same regurgitated pig swill. The articel is full of logical fallacies and propaganda methods. This paragraph is a control one. It drips with honey and patronising cliches.

16 We as God’s servants (The preachers 'WE' and appeal to authority fallacy) today also

love our caring (Weasel word) Christian (Loaded language) elders and

thank Jehovah (Appeal to authority) in our personal prayers (Mystical manipulation)

for providing them. They add to our joy (Loaded language)

by showing personal interest (Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) in us. We

feel enriched by their shepherding visits. (Oh, blimey this is too sickly to even comment on....it's revolting)

Moreover, we (preacher's 'we') are grateful (They are TELLING the JWs not agreeing with them. This is very controlling) that they

stand ready to come to our aid at moments

when we feel overwhelmed (Ususally they'll write you off as being 'spiritually weak(TM)' or invite you to a JC) by

the pressures of this world (World(TM) = loaded language, appeal to fear). Yes, such attentive

Christian elders truly are ‘fellow

workers for our joy.’ (VOMIT)

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Blondie,

I look forward to reading your comments on the WT study even though I don't often comment.

For a long time I had requested a shepherding call as I had heard about how others had been visited. I had asked more than one elder for one. Then I decided to mention it to the CO when he visited the next time. He told me I didn't get a shepherding call because my husband was an elder and he took care of me!!

It wasn't until I had been baptised for 37 years that I received my first shepherding call from a (different) CO. However by that time I had already learned "the truth about the truth".

Well, maybe I could count the time 2 elders came to our house after our second son was born. They had heard I had had a tubal ligation and came to counsel us on mutilating my reproductive organs. We had researched the publications which articles all ended with the thought that it was ultimately our decision. The real problem was that I had talked about having my tubes tied. I didn't think too much about it since most of the sisters around my age had also had their tubes tied. O, and the other thing I was counseled on was not to hang my clothes out on the line on Sunday as that might offend the other religions in the area. I had 2 babies in cloth diapers at the time and no clothes dryer. (My husband was not an elder at this time.)

Reopened Mind

• Comatose
    Comatose

The reasoning on David and Goliath is just wrong. It was Jehovah in one account and then according to WT it was physical strength and tiredness in another. Dumb dumb dumb.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

NOTE: [For additional information on superlatives to use in reference to the Elders; please read the clique's favorite Cult of The Elder's Red Book, AKA: "Climax". Here you will be directed in our first reading through it; with the view that the stars in Jesus' right hand, are angels assigned to each congregation. Studied the second time around; the understanding of the stars will be constituted as, being of the anointed ones that are in our midsts. Then on a third study at all halls globally; which will be full of revisions for individuals to make by use of real glue and "cut & paste", the Red Book is refashioned. We are now told in the studies at the halls; that the elders alone are stars, and that we best be obeying them in oder to receive life!]

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I almost gagged on this statement in par 3: 'Rather than making rigid rules for the congregation, elders rely on Scriptural principles and direction from Jehovah's organization'.

Jehovah's Witnesses are well known for that very thing.......rigid rules!! A very silly and frivolous rigid WT rule that comes to mind is the 'No Toasting' rule.

Well done Blondie

• straightshooter
    straightshooter
    According to paragraph 11, an elder allows his brothers and sisters to express themselves while he listens attentiviely.

I have experienced way too often where elders turn off the listening when a brother and sister talks during a "correctional" elder meeting. They have a specific agenda that they do not want to stray from or be proven wrong in their assumptions. Often times the brother or sisters has a very logical explanation for a matter and is overruled by the elders as if the brother or sister never spoke a word.

Thanks for your comments Blondie. I always enjoy them.

• heathen
    heathen

Gag alert needed here again. Elders in my cong. were more likely to call you domonically posessed than anything else . Complete freak show of incompetence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit