Edward Dunlap Talks About The 1980 Witch Hunt At Bethel and The Faithful And Discrete Slave

by frankiespeakin 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

James Woods is the fellow who USE TO HAVE a Ferarri--he traded it in for an Aston Martin DB9

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

How did I get three posts? I don't see any of Jame's posts, did he return back to the Kingdom Hall?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

nope, you are crazy, he ain't coming back to the kingdum hell.

• Terry
    Terry

What we learn from the tape recording of Ed Dunlap is that it has taken 33 years for the "adjustment" of understanding on "Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave" to result in recent New Light!

• maisha
    maisha

THE TRUTH about the TRUTH will SET YOU FREE

• moshe
    moshe
    James Woods is the fellow who USE TO HAVE a Ferarri--he traded it in for an Aston Martin DB9

Did the Lord direct him to do that instead of paying 10-20k for the engine out service and new cam shaft belts? We were all praying for spiritual guidance.

• Terry
    Terry

The red telephone on James Woods' desk rang and Jehovah told him it was time for him to get a 12 cylinder auto

that his wife could ALSO drive!

• Quendi
    Quendi

Listening to these recordings cast much light on the workings of the organization over the last forty years. Despite the claims of strictly following Scriptural precedents and “theocratic procedures”, the organization has never in fact done so. From its very beginnings it has been a counterfeit, a man-made substitute for real theocracy.

But even though this has been the case, I doubt that most of the rank-and-file would agree. Ed Dunlap quotes one former Governing Body member as saying that he actually wanted someone to tell him what to do. I believe that attitude is not only still current among Jehovah’s Witnesses, but is also held by the vast majority in the cult. They have willingly abdicated their individual responsibility to make personal decisions. They no longer have the courage to do so.

This is very important for those of us who have left to remember. We must not let our love for friends and family persuade us to ‘return to our own vomit’ as it were and entertain the idea of fully reintegrating ourselves. True, some of us have legitimate reasons for wanting to regain association with those we have left behind and we should pursue every avenue, including reinstatement, to achieve this. But once we have, we should never again give strength and support to this cult but fade as quickly as possible. To do otherwise will not help our loved ones but only add to their shackles, chains and bonds.

Quendi

• Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks, Nice to hear brother Dunlop's voice again. I misplaced all his tapes, after 3 house moves over the years.

Shalom

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting. So Brother Dunlap essentially, as Terry already pointed out, had this thing pegged 33 years ago. And now it's becoming official doctrine.

I will reiterate a post I made 12 days ago to a thread started by Cedars on this topic, and that is that this "new light" actually makes more sense. When I was a teenager, we had an old sister who partook and so was supposedly, back then, a member of the FDS Class. And yet I wondered how that could be the case when she (and thousands like her) never contributed anything in the way of direction or distribution of spirtual food.

So it's very interesting to find out that Ed Dunlap had that same view. And again, this new understanding makes more sense, even though it is being taken generally in ex-jw circles as a further consolidation of power by the GB. And perhaps indeed it is. Whatever the case, it's actually, in my view (and apparently in Mr. Dunlap's view as well) that this a better interpretation.

Of course, my main question now is: What took them so long?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit