Fish in the sand and dove leaving the WT

by dissonance_resolved 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

So I've been pondering that there must be quite a few active JWs out there who are conscious/awakened/lurking, but it's so risky to ask questions to find out they are. I'm sure this isn't anywhere in the Watchtower, but I've read that early Christians had the secret symbol of the fish to help identify friends, I.e. drawing a fish in the sand would secretly identify someone as being a Christian. So in looking at the new logo for AAWA, I was struck by the image of the dove flying away from the WT. What if you were sitting at a meeting and looking over, noticed that someone had drawn that same type of bird next to the watchtower logo on their magazine? Would it be a way to help secretly identify each other? It's still risky as I'm sure there are elders lurking who then might be looking for the accusing doodle, but if confronted, any evidence would be entirely circumstantial. But if you were able to catch someone's eye and have that moment of understanding, it would be worth the risk to me.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Brilliant.

Except if I attempted it, it'd probably look like a vicar on a flying bicycle.

I'm not a good drawer. Questions would be asked.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Granted, but it could even be the simplified version of a bird, like the cursive letter N. Haha- that could even figuratively show how far you've flown the coop!

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

I like this idea. I am lonely. I use an ipad though so no watchtower to draw on.

Lets reopen this discussion in the members area.... and come up with something easy to draw and easy to explain away....

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

SkyGreen- sounds good. Apparently, you can only post one new topic per day, so I will wait the requisite 24 hours and repost in the members only section, unless someone else wants to do it. I just thought it would be good to put in this section since not all lurkers become members.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So .... you want to organise a secret handshake on the internet ....

.... good luck with that ....

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Love the idea, secret handshake. how about a small pin /tie tack/ .....The warrior wizard!!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I wrote an article on this notion of secret handshakes and such a while back:

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2010/12/two-dots-and-a-handshake/

Let's be positive!!!

Thanks dissonance_resolved for the idea I'm in!

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

lol - somehow i think the "warrior wizard" pin idea would out us all in a flash...

• clarity
    clarity

Correct me on this if I'm wrong...but I was told that Gays

wear an earing in their ear ...never could remember which

ear tho ........so something like that or the red dot in the

forehead of south Asian women ... can't miss it

How about a certain colour tie pin or lapel pin!

Whoever comes up with a great simple idea ...

I am In!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit