VM44

McDonald's Job Listing

Crew (Cashiers)
    Contract type : Full Time
    Positions available : 1
    Experience required : 1- 2 Years
    Studies level required : Bachelor Degree
    Weekly working duration : Full Time

Customer Service, Cashiers: Friendly people wanted to smile while serving lots of guests
    daily. Flexible hours, part-time and full-time positions available. Work with your friends
    or make some new ones! Get a weekly paycheck with a side order of food, folks and fun.
    Join our Service Team today! Benefits: Affordable health, vision and dental insurance.
    Free uniforms, discounts on meals and employee discount program thru Entertainment Book.
    Structured training and regular performance reviews. Advancement opportunities within!
    This independent McDonalds franchise is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
    diverse work force.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

whattttttttttttttttttttttttttt?

• soontobe
    soontobe

The average student owes close to $30k. I'm glad they're hiring. It'll help them pay it off.

Yes, I majored in liberal arts. Would you like fries with that?

• Wholly
    Wholly

That's just amazing.

• moshe
    moshe
    Free uniforms

Well lots of places have free uniforms and no degree required- and even free food- big deal.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

A JW friend of mine (who thinks the WTS stance on 4-year degrees is stupid) just sent this to me a few minutes ago with the subject line: "The society is officially screwed"

• sir82
    sir82

"They say" that a bachelor's degree today is the equivalent of a high school diploma 50 or 60 years ago, in terms of being able to find any sort of work.

Yes, the WTS is that out of touch.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I'm pretty sure that's a franchise owner putting out his personal desires and not a corporate standard.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe it's a typo?! Or it could be headed that way because everything is computerized now. I was recently looking for a job out ot state, and everything decent required a Bachelor's Degree. It seems some type of formal training is desired by employers. I can totally understand that. A degree while not necessarily proving greater intelligence, does prove that the individual is dedicated and serious, IMO.

My work spans many different trades, but I have zero formal education. So I could train a kid that will immediately make more money than I do. There has to be a happy meduim. I don't want my kid owing $30,000 dollars and flipping burgers ( unless flipping burgers pays $50,000 a year ). So what's the solution? I would think that getting in with a company that will further your education is the way to go. Still you may need a Bachelor's degree to get in the door. Any thoughts?! Also, yes, the WTBT$ is out of touch with reality. The ban on higher education should end, especially with the ability to attend a University almost exclusively via computer. If the real reason is bad association...

DD

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree on that thought EP

Sir 82 When the WTS discourage higher education,

it's now equivalent to sayin' no to high school

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit