Does anyone know about this WT tool ?

by jwsons 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jwsons
    jwsons

Dear all,
    I really don't know what's it about, if anynone know, just tell me. By myself, I have no idea.
    http://jehovah.to/index.htm

• Scully
    Scully

Gawwrrrshhh

I wonder iffn I should engage my anti-virus software before I go clickin' on that cutesy lil ole link thar??

Love, Scully

• SYN
    SYN

ARGARGARARUAJAHGHGH!! Whew! Now I've got that off my chest, lemme summarize just how horrificly bad this site is:

* They use TIME NEW FLIPPING ROMAN for their site fonts! I think I'm going to be sick! Somebody gimme a barf bag!
    * Not only do they use an ancient font from the 19th century that unfortunately managed to find it's way into Windows in the early 90s, but they also use a Javascript Hover() routine to make links BOLD when you hover your mouse over them! EGADS! All the links shrink and grow like magic mushrooms! This makes the site quite hard to navigate unless you are completely drunk and automagically compensate for the movement.
    * Continuing with the atrocities, I must say that this is one of the most biased sites (apart from watchtower.org, which is the King of biased sites on the Internet by a large measure) I have ever laid eyes upon. "Witness under fire" "Court continues case that should never have come to trial" ad nauseum!
    * There's a link on the side called 'Religious Freedom'! AHAHAH! You can't make this up, it's just too funny for words!
    * GRRR! This flipping 'Religious Freedom' page is almost impossible to navigate too. The brilliant author of the HTML code for the site didn't consider the fact that if you stick a plain-text link inside a paragraph of text, hovering over the link will cause half the paragraph to make it's way down the screen! The pain! Maybe he doesn't want people finding out about religious freedom, what with lines like "Read about what a Federal District Court thinks about the "brainwashing" theories of anti-"cult" propagandists. Pay particular attention to the section that is boldfaced." Well, my man, it's particularly DIFFICULT to access any of these links, thanks to your incredible site design! Kudos for that, d0OD!
    * I am also continually amazed by the use of some anti-Jehovah's Witnesses websites by those who profess to be Christians. Many such sites are actually owned and maintained by agnostics and atheists. And this matters why? Do the atheists impose their religious views on the sheer elements of the HTML on the pages? Oh no, damn, did he forget that his ISP is most likely an athiest too? Or possibly even the people who host his OWN SITE???? Hello?
    * OMG, they mention Kent on here! Cool! Check it out, The 'Truth' about Kent Steinhaug http://jehovah.to/freedom/steinhaug.htm !!!!
    * These messages have been edited but have not been edited in such a way as to misrepresent their content or meaning. OK, I'm supposed to trust a guy who is 1) a Dub, and 2) uses Times New Roman for his site font? PUHLEEZZZZEEE!
    * "Part One: When Fantasy Becomes Reality" MUWAHAHAHA! *LOL*

Damn, I don't have enough time during the rest of my natural life span to laugh at this site. Maybe we can take it in shifts, people. Go ahead, make my day!

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can't even read the frickin site on explorer 6. Part of the text disappears on the blue background.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

This person makes the comment that

'The offerings to be made to reimburse the fiscal debt might be taxed at 60% (2) again and create a vicious circle that would kill the religious freedom of Jehovah’s Witnesses in France.(1) $ 40 million'

yeah, well, the Watchtower is the one that initiated the 'worldwide preaching work' fund, this 'spirit-directed' organization <gag> <choke> obviously doesn't have spirit-directed ACCOUNTANTS!!!

>In the meantime, we have 10,000 Muscovite Christians with just one place of worship!<

That's a lie. They meet in private homes and in rented buildings, like lots of churches do. The Watchtower itself (I believe) posted photos of MEETING,--of large numbers of JW's-- being disrupted by the defrocked Catholic priest...so obviusly they are meeting SOMEWHERE.

Any organiation that whines becasue it is only worth a couple of billion dollars has no sympthy from me. Jesus died with only his UNDERWEAR, for crying out loud...

• Farkel
    Farkel

: They use TIME NEW FLIPPING ROMAN for their site fonts! I think I'm going to be sick! Somebody gimme a barf bag!
    : Not only do they use an ancient font from the 19th century

I've read that a number of studies have shown serif fonts to be the most readable and easiest on the eyes. Most newspapers and magazines still use serif fonts for that very reason. Times Roman and all of its clones and near clones are in print more than any other font.

There IS a reason for using it, although I don't prefer it much myself.

Farkel

• Moxy
    Moxy

yeah, whats your frigging hangup with times. its not my favourite font-face either, but it *is* the default on most browsers so someone must think its still useful. for sites with long text like this, its appropriate.

and your description of the bold hover (which is a bad idea, i agree) indicates that you dont actually understand how its done.

mox

• SYN
    SYN

I just find TNR to be an ugly font. It's a personal thing. Nice clean fonts, like Tahoma and Verdana are more to my liking. Maybe it's because I associate TNR with all the bad sites on the Internet that don't have the technical know-how to actually change their fonts in the first place! My main beef with this guy is actually the hover-bold thing. Typing in haste is always a bad thing, especially when you're commenting on technical website design issues. I didn't actually bother looking how he did it, I just wrote down something in my sheer anger! He used style sheets (CSS) or something, I'm sure, what was I thinking, Javascript? HEHE!

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• apostate man
    apostate man

I've had some words with the author of this site thru email. I think his name is James Long. Not a very bright cookie.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • apostate man
    apostate man

Someone e-mail him this thread.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit