local memorial attendance

by outsmartthesystem 20 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,I know locally there is a third less attending. My relative's hall had about 179 in attendance. When in years past there was close to 250 and like someone mentioned it was hard to find a parking space. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I think too,those who have been gone for many years,no longer see the need to show up at the Memorial.

• Gayle
    Gayle

hopefully this shows through,,from jwfacts.com - Paul Grundy, master of facts & statistics.

His charts show a few decreases at scattered times/years, but mostly increases.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Thanks Gayle. There don't seem to be two consecutive years of decline it attendance, but we'll have to wait nearly a full year to find out what happened this time around.

R_O

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Last year's decrease was due to the day it landed on.

There were 121 at our hall, the most for at least a decade.

• steve2
    steve2

I agree with Gayle that we don't want to read too much into as single year of a relatively large decrease in attendance.

That said, 361,394 fewer in attendance than the year before at one of the organization's much trumpeted and advertsied meetings is hardly a "little" decrease.

To put it differently, it is significantly greater than one-third of a million fewer bums on seats at this important annual meeting in which JWs are encouraged - read: pressured) to get out and invite as many people as possible).

It will be interesting to see the annual figures for 2013 - as some have said, there have been very few examples of consecutive years of decreasing attendance at the memorial.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

our their attendance was DEFINATELY down..........round these parts.........

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

80 in our small rural congregation of 30 - an all-time high, more than 10 above the previous record!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It was down at my parent's hall. Attendance is higher when memorial is on the weekend.

• whathappened
    whathappened

The Society will say that "the love of the greater number" is "cooling off.". They will use it to prove that Armageddon is very close, which is their fear tactic of choice.

• steve2
    steve2

It's called 'having a bob both ways' - which is a betting phrase that describes punters who cover both possibilities in a two-horse race. Like other end-times religions, the Watchtower is able to decipher "signs" whether they reflect growth or loss. In impolite circles, it's called, Having an answer for everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit