Does anyone have a scanner and a 1992 Watchtower bound volume?

by cedars 12 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

If so, please email me at [email protected] - I need your help!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Anyone?

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Cedars I have the 1992 WT bound volume but my scanner/printer combo is currently not hooked up to computer because of last few days rearranging my office.

So if no one else has one I can hopefully help you out in about 8 more hours.

Can you say on here what exactly you need scanned? Such as article or page number etc?

• 88JM
    88JM

I could probably get hold of the bound volume by the end of the week. If anyone else can get it sooner then go for it...

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks StoneWall

I need the following paragraph....

*** w92 7/15 pp. 12-13 par. 19 Christ Hated Lawlessness—Do You? ***
    19 The obligation to hate lawlessness also applies to all activity by apostates. Our attitude toward apostates should be that of David, who declared: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.” (Psalm 139:21, 22) Modern-day apostates have made common cause with “the man of lawlessness,” the clergy of Christendom. (2 Thessalonians 2:3) As loyal Witnesses of Jehovah, we therefore have absolutely nothing in common with them. Being imperfect, our hearts could easily have a tendency toward being critical of our brothers. As individuals, those of “the faithful and discreet slave” are imperfect humans. (Matthew 24:45-47) But this class is faithful and discreet. Apostates capitalize on errors or seeming mistakes made by brothers who take the lead. Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is.—Romans 16:17, 18.

8 hours would be a bit of a stretch, but if that's the soonest I can have a decent scan of the paragraph in question - I will gladly wait!

Cedars

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

An arrogant DO used this as part of a talk at an assembly day a while back. As I sat there listening in horror at the seething hatred he spouted, I kept rolling over in my mind that Jesus refuted this exact sentiment when he stated to love your enemies and pray for those persecuting you...which the DO made NO reference to of course, very unchristian teaching if I say so myself....

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Cedars,

I went ahead and moved some stuff to scan these pages for you. I'm going to e-mail them to you but please do me a favor.

Don't give my e-mail address to anyone or my personal name that comes through on e-mail.

I'm still in the "witness protection program" if you get my drift and don't want to blow my cover as I try and help more to get out of the org.

Thanks and let me know if it comes out clear for you.

StoneWall

• cedars
    cedars

Stonewall - your email and the scan has been safely received. Thanks SO MUCH for moving things aside in your schedule and responding so quickly. Hopefully on Wednesday you will understand why I needed this.

And don't worry - I am still inside the organization myself, so I understand only too well the need for confidentiality. Your email and name will be shared with nobody. You have my word on that.

Cedars

• Splash
    Splash

Hi Cedars,

Before I bought a scanner I used to take a photo with my digital camera or phone, and upload those onto my PC.

You can get very good results that way as well.

You probably thought about this already, but just a little tip in case you hadn't.

Splash

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Hey while we're looking for old WT articles, what's the date on the one that says the preaching work would be over by the end of the 20th century?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit