Who is paying for this?!!?!?

by DATA-DOG 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Remember a while back when the WTBTS wanted more money to bring home missionaries? I have been looking for that thread to no avail. Anyway, each and every KH that adopted that resolution is contributing a good deal of money to the WTBT$ based on the amount of publishers. I forget the guesstimate of the amount based on publishers world wide, but it's in the millions.

Also, the WTBT$ is selling of properties right and left. They are also building facilities consting millions of dollars. So imagine my outrage when we have a part about upcoming repairs on our KH. We have to pay for those. A remodel is also in the works. How will that be paid for? We will have to cover it, or get a loan from the WTBTS.

I have no idea of how much money the WTBTS has. I know they have enough to pay for seats at hedge-fund conventions. So assuming they have millions they should be covering these expenses. Any thoughts?

• suavojr
    suavojr

DATA DOG

Was it this thread?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/245236/1/2014-DC

They read a letter about the 2014 District Conventions and how some would be international.

My thought was that this is a gimmick to get people excited. The organization has jumped the shark so they need

to use gimmicks to bring excitement.

The congregations were to pass a resolution to for $.15 per publisher for 17 months to go to a fund to bring the missionaries home,

than any leftover funds would go to the World Wide Work.

So it looks like the international conventions are a front for fundraising to the WWW.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

There are international conventions this year as well. It's all a scam. The immediate families or their home congregation in their home country should pay.

• designs
    designs

Were the missionaries offered a per diem from the Wt..

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Hey DD, I just can't figure out how JWs don't see the money scam! Borrow from the WTS money you donated to renovate a Kingdom Hall that belongs to the WTS, provide all the free labour and food during the reno and then pay back that loan to the WTS...No wonder the WTS wants KHalls to be renovated...

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

NVR I smell money laundering big time, don't you?

• ssn587
    ssn587

I think the missionaries made theirbeds and should sleep in them, they asked for the job and if they want to visit home then pay for it themselves. this crap about elders wanting individuals to donate money to bringthem home is imo bulls**t. as far as renovation the wtbts should pay for it themselves the buildings do belong to them so they should pay for the upkeep.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I've been flown to International DCs by the bOrg decades ago when flights were relatively expensive. There was no extra-special-begging to pay for it, so I assume they just did it out of the same petty cash tin they used for the other Kneed in the Groin Graters.

The Proselytising Fund tin is empty and Candace wants her pound of flesh, so modern-day JDubs just have to man up and pay her.

• maisha
    maisha

I wish a few more were in the wings like candice! . . . make them sweet some more

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Hey DD, I just can't figure out how JWs don't see the money scam! Borrow from the WTS money you donated to renovate a Kingdom Hall that belongs to the WTS, provide all the free labour and food during the reno and then pay back that loan to the WTS...No wonder the WTS wants KHalls to be renovated..."

Exactly! This blows my mind....

Suavojr,

That's one of them! Thanks. Also, " jumped the shark" is sooo funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit