My daughter reconnected with her childhood JW friend

by Quandry 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
  • Quandry
    Quandry

Oops, I don't usually post new topics...

Yes, my daughter, now 25, has been df'd since she was 16. Her best friend from the time she was a baby shunned her. However, she sent my daughter a beautiful handmade card recently, asking her to get in contact. When they talked, the friend said she'd had doubts for years, but had now acted on them, leaving the JWs. What great news-now this beautiful young woman is going through nursing school. My daughter was so excited, and wants to visit her soon (we now live in a different state).

I would never have imagined this happening. I think they are losing soooo many young people who refuse to buy into the "no education" life leads to nowhere teaching.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

It's always good to see more people awaking!

• gone for good
    gone for good

There's no friends like old friends.

Your daughter must be a special person too, to be remembered fondly all these years later.

Don't you just love a happy ending?

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

I recently looked up a sister that I grew up with that was coerced into disassociation when we were both around 20 years old.

The whole situation about her being forced out had never set well with me, and deep down I knew that it was wrong and certainly not in anyway 'Christlike'. I have always regretted that I did not stand up and do what I knew was right at that time. She was closer to me than my own sisters (family) were. I had spent most of my later teen years with her and her family, and her witness family dropped all contact with her. I loyally did the same.

About 8 months ago I felt that time was long overdue for me to try to make amends. With a little Internet searching and 30 minutes time, I was able to get in contact with her by phone, even though she was 2 states separated from California where I thought she still lived. She was shocked and surprised and glad that I sought to reconnect with her. She and her husband now live in Colorado and I am making plans to visit them in a few months. Maybe make a real road trip of it and from there continue over to Lake Tahoe to Flipper's July 4 event. I am really looking forward to it.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Quandry- sorry that I didn't acknowledge your opening post, when I read it I immediately thought of the similarities the two events. It often takes a lot of little things that cause a person to finally question the the cult control. Maybe that was the case with your daughter's close friend.

Reconnecting with my friend was one of the best things to happen to me in quite a while, so I know how good it must make your daughter feel.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Awesome experiences. So glad so many are waking up.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Nerverscream-

So glad that you were able to connect with your friend. Does she have any contact with her family now? What a horrible thing shunning is-to think that some parents turn their backs completely on their children.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

QUANDARY:

Thank God for the internet and Facebook.

I have been able to reconnect with childhood friends, classmates and relatives.

Also, I have been able to connect with certain JWs who are out and found out the REAL reasons they are no longer in the religion.

This is why the religion is furious and hates the internet. It defeats their disfellowshipping and shunning doctrines.

They cannot control who people talk to in the privacy of their own home!

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Quandry- It is sad to say that I have had more contact with her family than she has. Her father is in his eighties now and sends a smoke signal out to her occasionaly. Last conversation that I had with her I told her how kind her mother had been to me; her mom passed about 6 years ago. She said that she really wished that she could have known her mom better. It is terrible that she was divided from her family all because of the man-made rules that came about during the Ray Franz debacle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit