Another first for this "Apostate"

by dazed but not confused 20 Replies latest social current

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I smoked my first cigar today. Not bad. I have wanted to try one for some time. I bought 3 different kinds from our local Pipe and Cigar shop. They are all hand made, mild and medium size. We are going camping in a couple months and I wanted to try a few before I went so I would know which I'd like to bring along. This first one was from the Dominican Republic - Cusano M1 – a cheaper cigar.

I didn't know what to expect. Not bad. I enjoyed it.

I have chewed tobacco 2 times in the past and threw up both times...lol - So the only thing I was hoping not to experience was throwing up.

Relaxing. Its something I may do from time to time. Anyone have recommendations on a cigar to try?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

An Acid Nasty is a nice smoke.

zed

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cool. I sometimes smoke a cigarette at christmas time, if i'm at a party. Gives me a buzz. Many yrs ago, i smoked for a while and i got to like old port straights. They are rum flavored and wine dipped, kind of like candy.

S

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I tried a cigarette once when I was heavily intoxicated. Never told anyone that. I liked the buzzed feeling. I however don’t have a desire to get hooked on cigs. I fear if I try it again I may like it. I quit drinking 2+ years ago and don’t need to get hooked on something else. I tried the cigar because I read and heard from friends who smoke them from time to time that they are not as addictive as cigarettes. After chewing the tobacco both times, I had a slight urge to chew again for several days after. I could tell I would get hooked on it if I did it a few days in a row.

Thanks for the tips on cigars. Keep em coming.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I actually don't care for the come down, off the buzz.

S

• Dazeds Better Half
    Dazeds Better Half

My home stunk for an hour. I'm not a fan

• Quandry
    Quandry

I don't get the attraction, either.

They stink, they are expensive, and health-wise, well, not healthy. They also look like a turd stuck in someone's mouth. They remind me of old men.

Why not spend the money on something the family can enjoy together?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

It was windy and I moved from the garage to the other side of the house which helped. Lesson learned - don't smoke outside when its windy.

Quandry - Valid points, but I don't do a whole lot of "for me" things. This wont break the bank for "family times"

They stink, Nahh...

they are expensive, Not too bad once in a while

and health-wise, well, not healthy. We all die some day

They also look like a turd stuck in someone's mouth. They remind me of old men. No argument here...

• Comatose
    Comatose

I just started cigars too! I really enjoy them. I have always enjoyed the smell of tobacco. A nice cigar is a real treat to me.

Try - San Cristobal. It has a very pretty wrapper on it. I think it's of a parrot?? Get the large diameter one. It's a wonderful cigar.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Romeo y Juliet makes good cigars...and practice good technique with cigars and they smoke well the entire life of it.

To start: use only matches to light! Strike match and let sulphur burn off before bringing it near cigar, then just warm the end of cigar for a bit, then go ahead and light end drawing slow deep draws until cherry is glowing. Only take slow deep draws never overheat cherry it changes taste of cigar. Also keep your spit off the draw end and don't chew on draw end. You will have a much better experience while smoking. And remember to store your cigars with humidity. There are several ways to do this. Google "cigar storage" and you will find lots of info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit