Governing Body Put Down Education Because The Sad Facts Show Higher Education Leads Lower Bull Tollerance

by frankiespeakin 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The reason that education is put down and discouraged is the same as in the slave days. The slaves were not educated because if they could do other things they would leave the plantations. Because they were not educated, they had no where to go and had to stay.

Same here. The Witnesses as slaves, being uneducated have no where to go so they have to stay under the slave owner, the FDS.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Satan surely has this forum brainwashed. Higher Education isnt guaranteed to ensure success in this day and age, but Divine Education brings blessings now and in the future. A degree from a university wont bring you everlasting life.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Meeting attendance and field service won't bring everlasting life. There are many that did that and are dead.

No one is saying higher education is a guarantee, but people should not be discouraged.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Pfah! And they should be encouraged to pursue higher education with it's binge drinking parties, sexual promiscuity, and curriculum that dishonors Jehovah? I think not!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

And don't forget, higher education is like a bullet to the brain.

You will get a much higher quality university education from reading the Awake.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Same here. The Witnesses as slaves, being uneducated have no where to go so they have to stay under the slave owner, the FDS.____Rattagan360

Exactly Rattagan

The euphoric feel of freedom quickly wore off, when the emancipated slaves

left the plantations

Like Jehovah's witnesses , the southern Slaves never had to think for themselves

It was in the slaves best interest to do what the master bid.

Thier livelyhood and keepin' their families together depended on doin' so

When jehovah's witnesses are disfellowshiped, like the Southern Slaves

they are cut off from the support system they have ever known and separated from their loved ones

Some emancipated slaves were probably so well trained by thier masters that they automatically asked themselves

" where will we go !!!!! "

And jus' like Jehovah's witnesses many emancipated slaves did return to the plantations that once enslaved them

and once again they called the one who enslaved them " Master " but this time

of his own freewill, because he was uneducated and had no means of support

A dumb slave is a safe slave, and one you can always control

I would agree, that Humanities is one curriculum the WTS would want folks to avoid

Because that is where you will find the play book of the Ol' souther Slave master that is still used by the WTS

A slave could be killed, or blinded if the master knew they could read or write

And yet the WTS continues to discourage higher education among its slaves out in field service

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

When I was in Bethel working on the bindery lines, there was a 24 year old guy who had become a Witness after he had obtained his College degree. Most of us on the crew started at the same time but he was pulled off the lines and assigned to the legal Dept. and sent to law school because he already had a B. A. It made sense that since that they chose him since he was half way there, education wise but it struck me that those of us who had listened to the Societies advice and come to Bethel, had put Gods kingdom ahead of our own pursuit for a higher education, were not only less valuable to them, but we had just been penalized or discriminatedi against in a way for listening to their own admonition.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Xyz,

I guess that brother that got sent to college by the GB to work in legal could technically be considered a divine education with the GB paying the bill.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

A divine education according to the Governing Body is what exactly?

Answer: Going to JW meetings and reading all their publications cover to cover with blind acceptance.

All other types of education are frowned apon if they in anyway interfere with the divine education offered by the Governing Body. The level of interference incured with a college education with Governing Body inspired divine education is too high and so it is mandatory that all Jw's with a position come up for reveiw if they still qualify after sending their children to college for a better future.

• ssn587
    ssn587

mamochan's comment about the awake providing a much higher quality of education via the awake is at best ridiculous. sedition sayings about conduct are nothing but nonsense. i attended off an on about 5 years of higher education, and surprise never drank, nor did anything untoward, i was there to educate myself. me suspects he/she/they just want to spout the gb's line of mythical bs. an with that attitude will be of those who hold to the gb bs until old age then find themselves in a quandry as to how to make ends meet and it wont be from help from via the gb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit