100 Baptism Questions

by badboy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

In the Lamp book (1967) it states on page 6:

Before each assembly of Jehovah's Christian witnesses, at which arrangements are made for immersion of those who qualify, your congregation ovewrseer will check to ascertain whether there are any associated with the congregation who are planning to get baptised. If there are...He will also arrange to have a series of meetings with these candidates for immersion to review the information that follows under this heading "Basic teachings of the Bible." ...In preparation, it would be wise to review the questions on the following pages and read the material that is provided in answer.

In the organization book, (1972) it states on page 18:

If you are arranging to be immersed, get your affairs in order so as to be able to attend all these preliminary meetings for baptismal candidates. Review beforehand the questions provided, with their accompanying texts, looking up all scriptures cited but not quoted. Think about each question and the way the Scriptural information affects your life...Review now, the basic teachings of the Bible that follow, one at a time, and also try to express in your own words what these scriptures mean to you.

Organized book, 1983/1989:

Note to congregation elders: ...As the Bible student makes good progress, he will conform his way of life to jehovah's righteous standards and, according to his personal circumstances, attend congregation meetings regularly. In time, he may meet with two elders to determine if he qualifies to be an unbaptized publisher. If he qualifies, he may then obtain a copy of Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry. when he makes known to one of the elders his desire to be baptized, he should begin reviewing the material ...starting on page 175.

So the point made here, from 1967 to at least 1989, is that these books are not for public consumption. Not even the children or families of Jehovah's Witnesses are to have copies of this book. It isn't even on the Watchtower cd-rom. I find this very interesting and highly questionable.

I got mine from Ebay.

My public library used to have the 'Orgaization' book.

• oldflame
    oldflame

and how often do you masturbate

Are you serious ? They really do ask that ?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hey thanks for posting the questions Farkel :)

Agreed about the over grilling by JW "elders" the WT before baptism. JWs are burnt to a cinder

Anyhow, the questions fascinated me. Of course, they are pre-loaded with WT speak and doctrine. In a court of law I guess this would be called "leading the witness".

I though I would answer the questions using only the bible.

I am sure they wouldn't appreciate quite a lot of my answers.

See what you think...

1. Who is the true God?

1 John 5:20 (English Standard Version)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

2. What kind of God is Jehovah?

Exodus 34:6-7 (English Standard Version)

6 The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, 7 keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin

3. What does it mean to know God?

John 14:6-7 (English Standard Version)

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."

4. What does the Bible mean when it says that Jehovah requires our exclusive devotion?

1 John 5:20-21 (English Standard Version)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols.

5. How will Jehovah God sanctify his name?

Isaiah 29:22-23 (English Standard Version)

22 Therefore thus says the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob:

"Jacob shall no more be ashamed,
    no more shall his face grow pale.
    23 For when he sees his children,
    the work of my hands, in his midst,
    they will sanctify my name;
    they will sanctify the Holy One of Jacob
    and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.

How can we have a share in it?

1 Corinthians 1:2-3 (English Standard Version)

2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

6. Who is Jesus Christ, and what is his position in relation to Jehovah God?

Hebrews 1:1-3 (English Standard Version)

The Supremacy of God’s Son

1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.

Matthew 1:23 (English Standard Version)

23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
    and they shall call his name Immanuel"

(which means, God with us).

John 1:1 (English Standard Version)

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

7. Why did Jesus die a sacrificial death?

1 Peter 3:18 (English Standard Version)

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit

8. How is the ransom an expression of God’s love for mankind?

John 3:16 (English Standard Version)

For God So Loved the World

16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

9. How does the ransom affect us as individuals?

John 1:12 (English Standard Version)

12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

10. What is the holy spirit?

John 14:15-17 (English Standard Version)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 "If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

11. How can we benefit from the operation of that spirit today?

John 14:26 (English Standard Version)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Romans 8:13 (English Standard Version)

13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

12. Whose ideas are recorded in the Bible? Does that mean that God personally spoke or wrote it all? Is all of it true?

Timothy 3:14-17 (English Standard Version)

14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Proverbs 30:5 (English Standard Version)

5 Every word of God proves true;
    he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

13. Why should we pray, to whom, and how often?

Matthew 6:5-15 (English Standard Version)

The Lord’s Prayer

5 "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

7 "And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9 Pray then like this:

"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
    11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
    13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

d. Matthew 6:13 Or the evil one; some manuscripts add For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen

John 14:11-14 (English Standard Version)

11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12 "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (English Standard Version)

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

14. About what is it proper to pray?

Philippians 4:6 (English Standard Version)

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

15. What is the kingdom of God?

Luke 17:20-21 (English Standard Version)

The Coming of the Kingdom

20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed, 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."

Footnotes:

1. Luke 17:21 Or within you, or within your grasp

16. What does it mean to “seek first the kingdom”?

Matthew 6:19-21 (English Standard Version)

Lay Up Treasures in Heaven

19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

17. When Christ returns, is it visibly as a man, or how?

Acts 1:9-11 (English Standard Version)

9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

Revelation 1:7 (English Standard Version)

7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

18. How can people know when his second presence occurs?

Matthew 24:23-27 (English Standard Version)

23 Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, 'Look, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

19. What is God’s purpose for the earth?

28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

20. How will this purpose be realized?

Revelation 21:1-3 (English Standard Version)

The New Heaven and the New Earth

1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

21. What conditions will prevail on earth in God’s new system of things?

Revelation 21:4 (English Standard Version)

4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

22. Who is the Devil? What is his origin?

Revelation 20:2 (English Standard Version)

2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years

Ezekiel 28:13-17 (English Standard Version)

13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
    every precious stone was your covering,
    sardius, topaz, and diamond,
    beryl, onyx, and jasper,
    sapphire, emerald, and carbuncle;
    and crafted in gold were your settings
    and your engravings.
    On the day that you were created
    they were prepared.
    14 You were an anointed guardian cherub.
    I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God;
    in the midst of the stones of fire you walked.
    15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created,
    till unrighteousness was found in you.
    16 In the abundance of your trade
    you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned;
    so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God,
    and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub,
    from the midst of the stones of fire.
    17 Your heart was proud because of your beauty;
    you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor.
    I cast you to the ground;
    I exposed you before kings,
    to feast their eyes on you.

23. Against what spiritistic practices employed by the Devil and his demons does the Bible warn us?

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (English Standard Version)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. And because of these abominations the LORD your God is driving them out before you.

24. How can we protect ourselves against the influence of these wicked spirits?

Philippians 2:9-10 (English Standard Version)

9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

Luke 10:17 (English Standard Version)

The Return of the Seventy-Two

17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!"

Matthew 16:19 (English Standard Version)

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Ephesians 6:16 (English Standard Version)

16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;

25. Why has God permitted wickedness to continue until now?

2 Peter 3:9 (English Standard Version)

9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

26. By what means will God destroy the wicked?

Revelation 22:14-15 (English Standard Version)

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. 15 Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Revelation 21:7-8 (English Standard Version)

7 The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Revelation 20:10 (English Standard Version)

10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Isaiah 66:24 (English Standard Version)

24 "And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh."

27. What is the human soul? Can it die?

Ezekiel 18:20 (English Standard Version)

20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (English Standard Version)

23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

28. What is sin, and how did we all become sinners?

1 John 3:4 (English Standard Version)

4 Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

1 John 5:17 (English Standard Version)

17 All wrongdoing is sin,

Romans 5:12-14 (English Standard Version)

Death in Adam, Life in Christ

12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— 13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

29. What should be our attitude toward committing sins?

Romans 6:1-4 (English Standard Version)

Dead to Sin, Alive to God

1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

30. Do only those who have committed a gross sins or flagrant violations of God’s Word need to repent?

Luke 11:1-4 (English Standard Version)

The Lord’s Prayer

1 Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples." 2 And he said to them, "When you pray, say:

"Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. 3 Give us each day our daily bread, 4 and forgive us our sins,

for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.

And lead us not into temptation."

31. What is death?

James 2:26 (English Standard Version)

26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead

32. Why do people die?

Romans 5:12 (English Standard Version)

Death in Adam, Life in Christ

12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned

33. What future hope for life is there for one who dies?

Romans 6:23 (English Standard Version)

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

34. How many from among mankind will be in heaven with Christ?

Revelation 21:2-3 (English Standard Version)

2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

35. What will they do there?

N/A

36. Are Christians under the law covenant with its requirements of Sabbath keeping and sacrifice?

Romans 7:4 (English Standard Version)

4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.

Galatians 5:18 (English Standard Version)

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

37. What Christian quality should outstandingly characterize our relationship with our spiritual brothers and with the members of our own families?

John 13:34 (English Standard Version)

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

1 John 4:20-21 (English Standard Version)

20 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

38. In God’s arrangement, who is head of a married woman?

Ephesians 5:23 (English Standard Version)

23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.

39. How should a husband exercise his headship?

Ephesians 5:25 (English Standard Version)

25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

40. Is the wife whose husband is not a believer freed from his headship?

1 Corinthians 7:12-16 (English Standard Version)

12 To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. 13 If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace. 16 For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

41. Who is responsible before God for the training and disciplining of children?

Ephesians 6:4 (English Standard Version)

4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

42. May a Christian have more than one living marriage mate?

1 Timothy 3:2 (English Standard Version)

2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

1 Timothy 3:12 (English Standard Version)

12 Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well.

43. What is the only Scriptural basis for divorce that frees one to remarry?

1 Corinthians 7:39 (English Standard Version)

39 A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

Matthew 19:9 (English Standard Version)

9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."

44. Must persons living together as husband and wife have their marriage legally registered with the government?

Romans 13:1 (English Standard Version)

Submission to the Authorities

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

45. Why must lying be avoided?

Romans 13:8-10 (English Standard Version)

Fulfilling the Law Through Love

8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 John 2:4-6 (English Standard Version)

4 Whoever says "I know him" but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

46. What is the Christian view of stealing?

Ephesians 4:28 (English Standard Version)

28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

47. What is the Christian view of drunkenness?

Ephesians 5:18 (English Standard Version)

18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,

48. What is God’s law concerning blood?

Leviticus 7:26 (English Standard Version)

26 Moreover, you shall eat no blood whatever, whether of fowl or of animal, in any of your dwelling places.

John 6:54 (English Standard Version)

54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

49. What does the Bible say about fornication, adultery, sexual relations with another person of the same sex and other loose conduct? May a person who is engaging in such practices be baptized?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (English Standard Version)

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:26-27 (English Standard Version)

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

50. Why is moral cleanness of all persons among Jehovah’s people important to every one of us?

Leviticus 11:44 (English Standard Version)

44 For I am the LORD your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy.

51. When difficulties arise between individuals because of serious wrongs, what is the Christian way to handle the situation?

1 Corinthians 6:1-4 (English Standard Version)

Lawsuits Against Believers

1 When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! 4 So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church?

52. What action does the congregation take when a person in its midst proves to be a persistent and unrepentant violator of God’s commandments?

2 Corinthians 13:1-5 (English Standard Version)

Final Warnings

1 This is the third time I am coming to you. Every charge must be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 2 I warned those who sinned before and all the others, and I warn them now while absent, as I did when present on my second visit, that if I come again I will not spare them— 3 since you seek proof that Christ is speaking in me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. 4 For he was crucified in weakness, but lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but in dealing with you we will live with him by the power of God.

5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

53. If a person in weakness commits a serious sin, but he wants to help to be restored to Jehovah’s favor, what action should he take?

Galatians 6:1 (English Standard Version)

Bear One Another’s Burdens

1 Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

54. What is the proper viewpoint to have when one is Scripturally reproved?

Hebrews 12:3-11 (English Standard Version)

Do Not Grow Weary

3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. 4 In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?

"My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,

nor be weary when reproved by him.

6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,

and chastises every son whom he receives."

7 It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9 Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. 11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

55. What is the fruitage of the spirit, and is it reasonable to expect a Christian to manifest this fruitage in his life?

Galatians 5:22-24 (English Standard Version)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Galatians 6:8 (English Standard Version)

8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

56. How should Christians view the shortcomings of fellow believers?

Matthew 7:1-5 (English Standard Version)

Judging Others

1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

57. What does the Bible say about sharing with other religius groups in worship or any of the other activities in which they engage?

Isaiah 44:17-18 (English Standard Version)

17 And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, "Deliver me, for you are my god!"

18 They know not, nor do they discern, for he has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, and their hearts, so that they cannot understand.

58. What is the only religious celebration that Christians are commanded to observe?

Luke 22:18-19 (English Standard Version)

18 For I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes." 19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me."

Romans 14:5-9 (English Standard Version)

5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

59. What Bible principles should guide us in determining whether other celebrations that are popular in the community are acceptable for Christians?

Titus 1:15 (English Standard Version)

15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.

60. Whom does the Bible identify as the “ruler of the world” and “the god of this system of things”?

2 Corinthians 4:3-5 (English Standard Version)

3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

1 John 4:2-4 (English Standard Version)

2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. 4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

61. What is the position of Christians as to this world alienated from God?

Philippians 3:18-21 (English Standard Version)

18 For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ

62. What was Jesus’ attitude toward all participation in the political affairs of the world?

1 Peter 2:13-14 (English Standard Version)

Submission to Authority

13 Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, 14 or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good.

63. How do Bible commands concerning idolatry affect a Christian in this modern world?

Colossians 3:5-11 (English Standard Version)

5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 7 In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. 8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator. 11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.

64. In the light of the following texts, what is the position of a true Christians in this world?

Texts unknown.

65. Is it necessary for a Christian to be subject to worldly rulers and to show them respect?

Romans 13:1 (English Standard Version)

Submission to the Authorities

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

1 Peter 2:13-17 (English Standard Version)

Submission to Authority

13 Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, 14 or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. 15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. 16 Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. 17 Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Acts 23:4-5 (English Standard Version)

4 Those who stood by said, "Would you revile God’s high priest?" 5 And Paul said, "I did not know, brothers, that he was the high priest, for it is written, 'You shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people.'"

66. Must a Christian pay all the taxes demanded by the law?

Matthew 22:17-21 (English Standard Version)

17 Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?" 18 But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, "Why put me to the test, you hypocrites? 19 Show me the coin for the tax." And they brought him a denarius. 20 And Jesus said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" 21 They said, "Caesar’s." Then he said to them, "Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s."

Romans 13:7-8 (English Standard Version)

7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed. 8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

67. Is there any circumstance under which a Christian would not obey the law?

Acts 5:27-32 (English Standard Version)

27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest questioned them, 28 saying, "We strictly charged you not to teach in this name, yet here you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you intend to bring this man’s blood upon us." 29 But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

68. Why are true Christians persecuted?

John 15:20 (English Standard Version)

20 Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.

69. What are some factors to consider in determining whether certain types of employment are not proper for Christians?

Philippians 4:8 (English Standard Version)

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

70. What should always be our attitude toward the doing of Jehovah’s will?

Matthew 7:21 (English Standard Version)

I Never Knew You

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 6:40 (English Standard Version)

40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

71. Why are Christians called Jehovah’s witnesses?

Christians are witnesses to Christ.

Acts 1:8 (English Standard Version)

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Acts 4:33 (English Standard Version)

33 And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.

Revelation 20:4 (English Standard Version)

4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

72. Who or what is the “faithful and discreet slave?”

Matthew 24:45-46 (English Standard Version)

45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.

Matthew 25:19-30 (English Standard Version)

19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.' 21 His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, 'Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.' 23 His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, 'Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.' 26 But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

73. What is the governing body of the Christian congregation, and what purpose does it serve?

Ephesians 1:22-23 (English Standard Version)

22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 2:19-21 (English Standard Version)

19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:28 (English Standard Version)

28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.

Revelation 21:14 (English Standard Version)

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

74. What attitude should Christians show toward those who serve as shepherds in the congregation?

Hebrews 13:7 (English Standard Version)

7 Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.

Hebrews 13:17-18 (English Standard Version)

17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

75. Why is it beneficial to attending the meetings arranged by the congregation?

Hebrews 10:24 (English Standard Version)

24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,

76. Why is personal study important in the life of a Christian?

Titus 1:9 (English Standard Version)

9 He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

77. What urgent work does the Bible set out for all Christians at this time?

Matthew 28:16-20 (English Standard Version)

The Great Commission

16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

78. In what various ways may this work be accomplished?

Mark 16:14-20 (English Standard Version)

The Great Commission

14 Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."

19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.]]

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (English Standard Version)

4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

79. Is this work done in our own strength?

Zechariah 4:6 (English Standard Version)

6 Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.

80. Why should one who has sincerely repented and turned around and chosen to be a disciple of Christ be baptized?

Mark 16:15-16 (English Standard Version)

15 And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Acts 2:38-39 (English Standard Version)

38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone ( I ) whom the Lord our God calls to himself."

Blessings,

Stephen

• restrangled
    restrangled

130 questions NOW vs. 80??????

I can't believe it. Was Christ questioned when he was baptized or anyone for that matter back then? Was Russel or Rutherford or Knorr?

Shame, shame, shame on this farce of a religion, asking if someone is sick with a permanent disease.

Shame on them, for questioning some one's heart felt want to be baptized, AND question their knowledge, not of the bible but of their diatribe of man made rules and regulations.

If this doesn't spell C U L T....I don't know what does.

r.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

• In 2005 there was a new release and the book is now called 'Organized to do Jehovahs will'. Ironically last night I was comparing the baptism questions with the older copy from 1989. They have changed the format a little.

Part 1- Elementary bible teachings-- 35 questions

Questions removed (old 5) Who will not be resurrected and why?

Part 2-Jehovah's righteous requirements--37 questions

Question added (5) If you are married, are you sure that your marriage has been properly registered with the civil authorities?

(8) What responsibility rests upon a person who is infected with a communicable disease that is potentially fatal?

(9) To avoid transmitting an infectious or a potentially fatal disease to others, why should an infected person (a) not initiate public displays of affection, such as hugging or kissing?(b) attend the congregation book study at the kingdom hall if at all possible? (c) not react negatively when some choose not to invite him into their homes? (d)why should a person who may have been exposed to an infectious disease voluntarily choose to have a blood test before beginning a courtship? (e) Why should one having a communicable disease inform the presiding overseer before getting baptized?

Part 3 - Jehovah's arrangement of things --32 questions

O.k a child just fell asleep on my lap I will have to finish this later. All the fds questions yet to come. Sorry.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Stupid formatting!!!!!

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Part 3 - Jehovah's arrangement of things --32 questions

This section has been redone entirely so I will just list the questions in order.

1) In gods arrangement of things, who is the head of the married women?

2) How should a husband exercise headship over his wife?

3)Is the wife who's husband is not a believer freed from his headship?

4) Who is primarily responsible for the training and disciplining of children?

5) What responsibility do children have in the family arrangement?

6)What is the proper attitude for Christians to maintain toward worldly rulers?

7) Must a Christian pay all taxes and assessments demanded by law?

8) Are there any circumstances under which a Christian would refuse to obey worldly rulers?

9) Should Christians comply with legal requirements that do not conflict with God's laws, such as registering marriages and births, responding to census inquiries, or obtaining required licenses and permits?

10)What is the headship arrangement in the Christian congregation?

11) Who is the head of the Christian congregation?

12) How can you identify "the faithful and discreet slave" today?

13) What is the governing body of the Christian congregation?

14) By what visible means is Christs headship represented in the congregation?

15)How do members of the congregation demonstrate submission to the headship of Christ in the congregation?

16) Whose ideas are recorded in the bible? why should you regularly study God's word?

17) Why is it beneficial to attend meetings arranged by the congregation? What efforts do you make to do so?

18)Why should you participate in congregation meetings as your circumstances allow?

19) Why must approved works accompany our Christian faith?
    20)What urgent work does the bible set out for all Christians?

21) Are you sharing the good news of the kingdom with others? In what ways?

22) Why should you take seriously your responsibility to share the good news with others?

23) How can we give material support to the kingdom work today?

24) How can we demonstrate our love for brothers and sisters who come to be in need of material assistance?

25) What should be our attitude toward giving of ourselves and of our material possessions in Jehovah's service?

26) What attitude should we have when we are persecuted or undergoing trial?

27)To whom and in who's name should we pray?

28)How should we pray so as to be heard by Jehovah?

29) What are some of the things we can pray about?

30)What effect might our conduct have on our prayers?

31)Why do Jehovah's witnesses baptize in water those who embrace the Christian faith?

32 Why is it appropriate for dedicated and baptized Christians to be called Jehovah's witnesses?

Final questions for the big day are:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovahs Witnesses in association with God's spirit directed organization?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    Shame, shame, shame on this farce of a religion, asking if someone is sick with a permanent disease.

This is what I said on my thread about being denied a copy of the questions. It's insane.

To avoid transmitting an infectious or a potentially fatal disease to others, why should an infected person (a) not initiate public displays of affection, such as hugging and kissing? (b) attend the Congregation Book Study at the Kingdom Hall if at all possible? (c) not react negatively when some choose not to invite him into their homes? (d) Why should a person who may have been exposed to an infectious disease voluntarily choose to have a blood test before beginning a courtship? (e) Why should one having a communicable disease inform the presiding overseer before getting baptized?

What!

These are the scriptural references:

Do not you people be owing anybody a single thing, except to love one another; for he that loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. For the law code ...is summed up in this word, namely, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." Love does not work evil to one’s neighbor; therefore love is the law’s fulfillment.?Rom. 13:8-10.

Love ... does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury.?1 Cor. 13:4, 5.

When really the scriptural reference, according this nonsense should be:

43 And the priest must look at him; and if there is an eruption of the reddish-white plague in the baldness of his crown or of his forehead like the appearance of leprosy in the skin of the flesh, 44 he is a leper. He is unclean. Unclean is what the priest should declare him. His plague is on his head. 45 As for the leprous one in whom the plague is, his garments should be torn, and his head should become ungroomed, and he should cover over the mustache and call out, ‘Unclean, unclean!’ 46 All the days that the plague is in him he will be unclean. He is unclean. He should dwell isolated. Outside the camp is his dwelling place. Leviticus 13:43-46

I can't believe that is an actual question!

• freydo
    freydo

"The Gentiles who turned their lives over to Yahweh didn't receive the Holy Spirit because they had been keeping the law. They received the Holy Spirit because they repented and accepted Yahushua the Messiah. In response to the false 'good news of the circumcision', Paul was reminding them that the Spirit was given as evidence of their immediate salvation. Kepha (Peter) also had been shown this truth:

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Yahweh's plan of instant recognition of the Gentiles' salvation was something very difficult for many Jews to accept. It was so ingrained in their culture that a Gentile couldn't just come to Yahweh and be accepted the same as a natural Jew without going through a long process. But Yahweh showed that He accepted them when He poured out His Spirit on the Gentiles the moment they believed, thereby demonstrating that their sins were forgiven by faith, not by circumcision and Torah/law keeping. So Paul pointed out that they received the Spirit by the hearing of faith, not because they had kept the Torah (they hadn't). "

http://www.eliyah.com/galatians3kjv.html

• Alfred
    Alfred

I n answer the eunuch said to Philip: “I beg you, About whom does the prophet say this? About himself or about some other man?” Philip opened his mouth and, starting with this Scripture, he declared to him the good news about Jesus. Now as they were going over the road, they came to a certain body of water, and the eunuch said: “Look! A body of water; what prevents me from getting baptized?” With that he commanded the chariot to halt, and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. -Acts 8:34-38

But wait! The eunuch's baptism is null and void! No one read him any questions to see if he is worthy enough to get baptized! Philip should have checked with the Governing Body in Jerusalem before running ahead of them and baptizing a total starnger who had zero (0) hours of Field Service... Let this be a lesson to us all... Never baptize anyone unless you're 100% sure he meets WTBTS citrieria...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit