100 Baptism Questions

by badboy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Dungbeetle: I am not going to scan that junk. Farkel quoted the 80 questions from the old OR book, and today there are 130 questions. It is all about the same type of stuff.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

It's only junk to YOU becasue you're 'out' and have been out for a while. [>:(]

It won't be junk to someone about to be 'gobbled up', and who will stumble onto one of these sites years from now, after waking up one morning and wondering where the last 20 or more years have gone.

And may I remind everyone that these books are not available on the Watchtower cd-roms, or any other elctronic media ---right now!!

• crownboy
    crownboy

Amazing said:

However, a little unknown secret: Many Elders will bring an extra copy of the book along so the candidate can follow along with the portions of paragraphs that are read, and as the questions are answered, if they have some difficulty, they can look at the book to refresh their memory. Nazi-type Elders will not do this, and they will even ask many or all of the 'optional' questions.

You're not supposed to have the book? The elders I did my questions with specifically told me to bring my book along! It seems like a lot of elders disregard "theocratic arrangement" . However, I probably would have answered all the questions correctly anyway. As you said, if you've attended meetings for a certain number of years, you get the teachings down in your memory pretty good. It's not rocket science or anything.

Go therefore and baptize the people in the name of the father and of the son... what the hell, we just need to bring up the yearbook numbers!

• Will Power
    Will Power

Does this sound like a future event?

17. When Christ returns, is it visibly as a man, or how?
    18. How can people know when his second presence occurs?

Gee, wonder what the answer to # 38 is?

38. In God’s arrangement, who is head of a married woman?
    39. How should a husband exercise his headship?
    40. Is the wife whose husband is not a believer freed from his headship?

Warning taliban alert. Is that the one-eyed head ship exercise?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Dungbeetle: Well, you make a good case ... it is not junk to someone who is about to be absorbed into the Collective. Well, what I might do in that case is transcribe the material and place it into the "Research" section of this site. At least the questions. All the 'answers' are simply scriptures, not added dialogue. So, I could simply cite the verses quoted to save time. It is about 43 pages with some opening inductory remarks before the questions begin.

• Valis
    Valis

Does your baptism count if you lied through your teeth and barely kept a straight face during the examination?

• D8TA
    D8TA
    The questions are a formality in the CONTRACT the candidate is undertaking, that they are able to understand and verbalize their understanding the terms and conditions of the LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT they are entering with the WTS. Etc. Etc.

This brings up an issue of Freedom of Religion vs. Minor (children) decision making. No child under the age of 18 (some states 21) can not enter a "binding contract" without their gaurdian or parents permission. How does this work in court with a "split" family? JW parent is all for, and the other parent is against. Or, in rare cases both parents object to the baptism and Child gets baptized anyway. Wonder how it would play in a civil case?

You can't really point the fingers at major churches, because infant baptism does not signify MEMBERSHIP or adherence to CHURCH RULES. So the WTBTS can't use that as an argument.

Any ideas?

D8TA

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

This is a terrific topic/thread!!!

A case in point: In the old org book (1972) and I posted this some time ago but as I'm sure it's on page 300 by now...

page 155:

<Wherever dissension and disunity exist, there is evidence of some unclean force working. James said that jealousy and contention are from and "earthly, animal, demonic source" and produce "disorder and every vile thing," working against what is chaste.>

Guess what was omitted in the 1983/1989 version of the book!!!

D8TA:

In a recent Watchtower that is now being circulated all over the known world, the Watchtower admits that one reason young people get disfellowshipped is becasue of lack of bible knowledge. They are basically admitting that they allow children to enter into this contractual arrangement without INFORMED consent--and then hold thm accountable for THEIR end of the contract.

Then it goes on to say that the children were to expelled/shunned and the PARENTS were to be given moral support--the PARENTS!!! You know, the ones who didn't give their children 'accurate bible knowledge and who allowed this child baptism to taek place, and then the expulsion/shunning.

That was one of the worst Watchtower studies I have ever sat through in my life. I try very hard to differentiate between the Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witness--they are NOT interchangeable--but I know the Watchtower would not have such a policy if they KNEW the JW's wouldn't GLEEFULLY folow it through.

I personally sent a copy of this to the Russian court, and I believe copies were sent to France. Keep up the good work all!!!

here's a link to the text:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16416&site=3

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Crownboy and D8TA: First, Crownboy said,

"You're not supposed to have the book? The elders I did my questions with specifically told me to bring my book along! It seems like a lot of elders disregard "theocratic arrangement"

Originally, when the "Lamp" book was issued, you could only get a copy "after" baptism, and this policy was continued when the Organization for Kingdom Preaching and Disciple making and its replacement, Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry were published.

Nevertheless, many Elders would provide an advance copy, or sometimes the person who studied with the candidate would loan them their copy. So, the original policy kind of faded over the years.

D8TA: If you check above, in my comments on page 1 of this post to Skully, there is No legally binding contract between a baptized JW and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, or the recently created Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is nothing on which to base anything according to contract law. It is a religion. In order for a contract to be enforceable, it must be in writing and signed by both parties who can legally enter into a contract. baptism of minors in a religion does not meet this standard.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

1)As for the scriptures cited, yes that's all the paragraphs are..but
    one can look for themselves how out of context they are taken,

2)and also just how rarely the WHOLE scripture is cited. Knocking off that last sentence can make such a difference.

3)And how the Watchtower ties unrelated scriptures together to reach a doctrinal conclusion.

4)Also, comparing all three sets of questions, it should be very interesting to see how the Watchtower has grown more and more 'controlling' and no doubt this progression will be borne out.

5)And too, I think we will find the changes in the questions to be directly related to events inside the organization, for example the release of the new Organization book in 1983, just a short period of time after the Ray Franz 'incident'..hahaha!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit