My story in short

by DeWandelaar 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Adiva
    Adiva

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm very happy you've made peace with yourself. Amazing how that happens when you step away from the society.

Adiva

• flipper
    flipper

DEWANDELAAR- Please know and understand that you are not alone. There are many of us out here like you who also having a " crisis of conscience " can no longer support an organization that hides child molesters and carries on in unethical manners as the WT Society does. We are here as a support to you so please know you have some friends and support here. Myself included. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Welcome DeWandelaar !

My experience is similar to your's. After going through a lot of injustice and problems with the Elders, seeing the conditional "brotherly" love in the Org., and beginning to have doubts about the legitimacy of certain doctrines, I decided to not attend meetings for a week. I felt so good at the end of that week, I decided to take another week off. At the end of the second week I felt even better. I decided to not return to the KH until I felt compelled to. That was over a year ago! I haven't been back since. If this is supposedly the only place to receive spiritual "refreshment" and hope, why did I feel better when I was away from it? I realized at that point the Org. is not a positive wonderful place. You can clearly see the pervasive and destructive negativity ONLY when you step away from it.

I quit reading WT literature and began to really study the Bible, by itself. It's amazing how different the Bible reads when you don't have someone else (the Organization) TELLING you what it says! As a JW I never really had the time to read the Bible. I was too busy with meetings, field service, reading WT literature, etc. Besides, as a JW I had no reason to read the Bible- the governing body's explanations were good enough. It really was a very lazy "faith", as nothing had to be proved personally. Just do what the Org. says and it will please god. Yeah, right!

I also came to the same conclusion you did after experiencing personally what the WT Org. is really all about: if this is God's way of doing things, if this is the model for the Paradise Earth, I want nothing to do with it! I cannot imagine a worse existence than an eternity of legalism, endless requirements and rules to please god, no freedom to do what makes me happy, etc.

Crisis of Conscience was the big eye-opener for me, too. It made so many things with Org. doctrines and procedures make sense. It made the unexplainable, explainable, when you learn how things really work.

If you haven't already, read Ray Franz' second book, "In Search of Christian Freedom".

Welcome to freedom!

• Ding
    Ding

Thanks for sharing your study.

I would suggest that you read through Galatians and Romans and see how different they are from the legalistic WT system.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Awesome testimony!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Welcome DW!

zed

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome and thanks for your story. May peace continue with you.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

I read your story this morning and felt your positive vibe...leaving the wt is like a jailbreak...welcome to freedom. Hope your wife breaks out soon.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit