LV101 and I had lunch today . . .

by Mum 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mum
    Mum

When I first started posting again, I got a PM from LV101. She and I both live in Las Vegas. We have talked on the 'phone a few times, but today, we finally met for lunch. We both love Mexican food, so she recommended Juan's Flaming Fajitas and Cantina, which is about 6 miles from where I live.

Juan's did not have a prominent sign at the entrance to the shopping center where it is, so I overshot it. I'm still learning my way around here. I called LV, and she told me how to find it.

We each had a Margarita, blended with salt. Yummmm! I love Margaritas! We talked and talked. The waiter came three times before we were ready to place our order because we were talking nonstop. "Apostates" are so much fun to talk to - so many stories, some of them really funny.

We ate chips and salsa and bean dip while we were waiting for our meals. The hot salsa was great. We ordered extra salsa because both of us put it on our food, too, not just on the chips. There were chopped jalapenos in the salsa - so hot, so good.

So we ate and talked and talked and talked and talked . . . .

Finally, we had to leave. I can't wait 'til we get together again. She's a delight!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I wish i was in Vegas!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Sounds like you had a great time!

It is always so good to hear about experiences like this because it shows that life truly does go on after leaving the JW's.

I've had some very good times and enjoyable meals with many ex-JW's and never once had a bad experience yet.

As of right now I've only met two in real life off this site and had a meal with them but I'm hoping to add many more in the near future from here.

The majority of ex'JW's I've dined with are ones I already knew in some fashion from surrounding congregations that had left either before me or around the same time. Even now I'm amazed at how many from my area left but most are afraid to post on exJW sites because of having a lot of family still in and don't want to chance being outted. But we still have so much fun when getting together and talking about the ole days of being in the Org.

• tec
    tec

Sounds great! The company and the food ;)

Peace to you both,

tammy

• LV101
    LV101

We had a blast meeting one another, finally, and Mum is a lovely gal --- and see I've officially been called an "apostate" --- woohoo, thank you, Mum! I have a great Chinese restaurant (good Chinese chicken salad and the best lemon chicken in town for next lunch --- if ya like Chinese). Wait --- Mum gets to choose next time.

Hey, tammy, if you're ever in Vegas let us know and we'll get together. Would LOVE to meet you someday! What's really fun is to get a cabana at one of the hotels and have a margarita yakfest.

The "Apostates with Taste" luncheon club --- maybe it will grow!

LV101

• tec
    tec

If I am ever in Vegas, I would love to have a margarita yakfest with you both :)

Or anything else too.

Peace,

tammy

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm Jealous!!!! Would love to have been there

But so happy you had fun

• Mum
    Mum

Are all of you coming to the Apostafest in Vegas from May 15 through 22? I'm really looking forward to it. We can create our own "Margaritaville."

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Bummer!! I just moved from Vegas...would have loved to have met you all at the fest!

Have a great time!!

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks, fff. How far away from Vegas are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit