Gumby?

by talesin 16 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gumby, hello if you're readin' this. Best of thoughts and vibes to you and yours.

Tal, Gumby's cool and you aren't so slouchy yourself. Thank you for the reminder and the thread.

• talesin
    talesin

FHN.. love yas!

• Mum
    Mum

Hi, Gumby. I remember you, too, although I don't believe we ever met in person. I remember that you got reinstated so you could have a relationship with your family. I hope they appreciate what a caring dad / grandpa they have!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Tal, my computer is down. Can't be booted. I'm going to have the dweeb team take a look. Posting from the library.

• Mary
    Mary

Actually I was talking to OldFlame not too long ago as he and Gumby have been close friends for years and they live in the same city. Gumby has more or less done The Fade and rarely ever goes to a meeting anymore. So that's good news. I was very surprised though when OldFlame told me that Gumby's wife hadn't gone to the meetings for a couple of months either. I'm not sure if it's because she was sick or just didn't want to go, but I can't imagine that goes over very well with their smug, self righteous son-in-law.

While I never agreed with him going back to that shithole just to please his family, it was his decision, not mine and he simply couldn't handle not being allowed to see his grandkids or the rest of his family to the point where he was getting suicidal. And as bad as it was, I would rather see him as a live Witness than a dead ex-Witness.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Mary. I understand how you feel. I too am happy he is fading
    He was extremly close to you. & I am SURE he misses you muchly
    All we can do is keep him in prayer ....As I do all of you

• talesin
    talesin

While I never agreed with him going back to that shithole just to please his family, it was his decision, not mine and he simply couldn't handle not being allowed to see his grandkids or the rest of his family to the point where he was getting suicidal. And as bad as it was, I would rather see him as a live Witness than a dead ex-Witness.

Mary, that is so sad, but I completely understand. thanks for the update xoxo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit